WTB: Hard drive

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Does anyone have any hard drives they want to get rid of? I'd like something in the 2tb range, preferably external, but if you have an internal one an enclosure could be had for cheap.

Since the prices of hard drives have gone sky high in the past month and a half I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has one they'd be willing to cut me a deal on.

Thanks.

That's all because of the Taiwan flood. Most of the drives are manufactured there.

To be frank, I believe when that flood crap has all be dealt and done over with.

Along with Power Supplies, hard drives are the one things that you should always purchase NEW. Exept for SSDs. hard drives have moving parts which wear with time. Who knows how much use and abuse it's been through. Would you purchase a car that was used as a rental? Probably not. SSDs wear with time too. As for new, check Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Not an affiliate link

I agree with power supplies but HDDs are pretty durrable in terms of their moving parts. So long as they haven't been dropped used ones are pretty dependable.

As a side note, I did buy a an old rental car. 1 year old Rav4 and have had no issues with it in the year I've had it :)

Used vehicles aren't the same though. Yes, its used but most of the time their part lasts longer than an HDD, even crappy cars.

I have to disagree with a used SSD. They will start to fail after a certain read/write process and if the guy who sold it to you kept defragging it, well that's harsh for SSDs.

Well I did buy a hard drive from a member here a long time ago, basically it was one that he received as a gift and it was still new in the shrink wrapped box. Sold it to me for a great price too. I was looking to see if someone maybe had something like that. But if not, I'll probably just buy one new someday.

Back
Top Bottom