FS- Parting out an HP ZE5300 Laptop

TheBurninator

In Runtime
Hello,

I'm parting out an HP ZE5300 laptop that looks like it had coke spilled on it a while back (too far back to save) it might have fried, and I do know that the lights and fans turn on, but it does not boot.

However, the rest of the parts do still work, such as the IR, LCD, Heatsink, DVD-ROM, Floppy, HDD (40GB), CPU (2.5GHz) no bent pins.

the casing is in pretty good shape, and includes the keyboard if anyone needs it. The battery (i think) is dead, the heatsink is a dual fan heatpipe design that looks like it might be modified to fit something, or just used as decoration (very clean and looks awesome)

I will sell the motherboard if anyone thinks they can fix it, but I must stress that it will be sold AS-IS. I can also put it back together and sell it as such, but no guarantees on it's functionality or put-together-right-edness.

These parts are all pretty well taken care of, and have a usage time (according to the person that gave it to me) of about 2-3 years.

I have NO idea what pricing would go for this, so everything is best offer and motherboard is as-is.

That being said, pictures will be posted no later than tomorrow afternoon and LMK if you have any questions.

Corey

Hello,

I'm parting out an HP ZE5300 laptop that looks like it had coke spilled on it a while back (too far back to save) it might have fried, and I do know that the lights and fans turn on, but it does not boot.

However, the rest of the parts do still work, such as the IR, LCD, Heatsink, DVD-ROM, Floppy, HDD (40GB), CPU (2.5GHz) no bent pins.

the casing is in pretty good shape, and includes the keyboard if anyone needs it. The battery (i think) is dead, the heatsink is a dual fan heatpipe design that looks like it might be modified to fit something, or just used as decoration (very clean and looks awesome)

I will sell the motherboard if anyone thinks they can fix it, but I must stress that it will be sold AS-IS. I can also put it back together and sell it as such, but no guarantees on it's functionality or put-together-right-edness.

These parts are all pretty well taken care of, and have a usage time (according to the person that gave it to me) of about 2-3 years.

I have NO idea what pricing would go for this, so everything is best offer and motherboard is as-is.

That being said, pictures will be posted no later than tomorrow afternoon and LMK if you have any questions.

Corey
I was going to ask you for the usual handwritten note, but I won't as you'll obviously ask a very reasonable price for what it is, I must say you've made it very clear what condition it's in, that's good!!
ok.gif

Thelis and Juice- The CPU is a socket 478 Pentium 4 2.5Ghz processor (idk if this works on desktops as well, only one way to find out (google it!)

And yes, the pictures are in my digital camera now, I'll be uploading them very soon.

Corey

*update* I have pieced the major components back together, and it booted to the bios momentarily, so it might actually be salvageable as a complete laptop to anyone with the time.

If you want to buy it whole, I will include the screws, or they will be sold to anyone who wants/needs them.

he has to its in the rules
I'll take that chance, normally I tell members that as you know, I told him Iwouldn't insist & gave my reason, blimey, pardon me for being reasonable!! members are always saying I'm too hard, then I make a one-off decision to cut some slack & I get this, look, what he has isn't worth much, if he asks far too to much in your opinion, & I'll have a word, will that satisfy?, in the meantime if another mod comes along & says he should, so be it.

Pictures...

my.php

Ram. 2 sticks of PC2700 256mb

dsc085jd5.jpg

Monstrous dual fan heatpipe cooling assembly

dsc092og4.jpg

Recently decided functioning motherboard

dsc093sv1.jpg

Front of awesome-looking LCD

dsc100pv2.jpg

Moneyshot

More pics later, I gotta go to work :(