Go Back   Computer Forums > Classifieds: Buy | Sell | Trade
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Default any intrest on this memory ?

i got the wrong memory from ebay and have no use for this one its a kingston ktc-pr266/512 its brand new heres some specs http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0067953

make me reasonable offer i take paypal just to make you feel a little better since im new and it may be hard to trust someone with a low post count https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/p...zy%40msn%2ecom
__________________

__________________
Elton is offline  
Old 05-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
CompMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,323
Send a message via AIM to CompMan
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

how much..
__________________

__________________
|Intel Q6600@3.0ghz|¿|ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA|¿|2GiG Corsair XM2 DDR2 800|¿|EvGa 8800GTS|¿|36gig Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm|¿|Ultra X2 connect 550W modular psu|¿|Thermaltake Tsunami Case|Vista 64bit|
Windows has Blue screens, Mac has grey screens, and CF has White screens!!
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT Titanium Grey, Greddy Exhaust, AEM cold air intake
--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
CompMan is offline  
Old 05-13-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton View Post
i got the wrong memory from ebay and have no use for this one its a kingston ktc-pr266/512 its brand new heres some specs http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0067953
As a moderator, I'd like you to state categorically that this is yours, & that you are not just advertising one that is up for sale on ebay, if you can convince me somehow, then that's fine, & you can go ahead, fair enough?
__________________
Brookfield is offline  
Old 05-13-2007, 03:23 AM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,945
Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Why not sell it back on ebay thats what i did last year when i bought server ram by mistake but get this i bought it for £20 and sold it for £35 lol so i was very happy
__________________
Compaq Presario CQ5305K-m Intel® Pentium® Dual Core E5300 (2.6 GHz), Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 2048 MB , Hard drive: 320 Gb, with 18.5 Widescreen
SPURS TILL I DIE (DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS)
TO DARE IS TO DO
blackjack is offline  
Old 05-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

im not advertising it sorry i would take pics but i dont have a camera i can use and ive tryed selling it on ebay but its not doing so well as for what i want feel free to make me a offer ive sold a few things on other forums not sure if i can post that up if i can let me know
__________________
Elton is offline  
Old 05-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

well im so dumb i guess i can use my scanner
__________________
Elton is offline  
Old 05-14-2007, 03:36 AM   #7
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton View Post
im not advertising it sorry i would take pics but i dont have a camera i can use and ive tryed selling it on ebay but its not doing so well as for what i want feel free to make me a offer ive sold a few things on other forums not sure if i can post that up if you can let me know
Brilliant, that scan is exactly what I needed, go ahead, & I hope that you sell it!
__________________
Brookfield is offline  
Old 05-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,946
Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

umm why does it say sdram but it looks alot like ddr to me?
__________________
Juice
P4 2.4GHz, 1.5Gb, 40Gb.
PowerBook G4 867MHz, 1Gb, 60Gb.
Juice is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #9
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

because SDRAM and DDR look very similar. One is just double data rate.
__________________
ownage is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
BSOD
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,734
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Juiceranch is right. There should be another notch near the top if it were SDRAM. Even the picture on the Dell page has the notch, but it's missing on yours.
__________________
catalyst is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

His has the notch....the sticker is just covering it
__________________
ownage is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

ebay link in my sig only 16 hours left
__________________
Elton is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #13
BSOD
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,734
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Not the middle notch. SDRAM has two notches - one in the middle and another near the top. His is missing the one near the top.
__________________
catalyst is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

ahh, gotcha....didn't notice that. It is DDR then.
__________________
ownage is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 06:43 AM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,946
Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

elton, can you please tell us if this is ddr or sd ram because they are two very different things. the model no. on the box match the specs on dells site but the stick in the box doesnt seem to match the model no. on the site, maybe this is a mispackaged item? did you take the stick out and see if its incompatable with your rig or did you just realise its ddr not sd ram or vice versa, because this looks like ddr to me.
__________________
Juice
P4 2.4GHz, 1.5Gb, 40Gb.
PowerBook G4 867MHz, 1Gb, 60Gb.
Juice is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceranch9 View Post
elton, can you please tell us if this is ddr or sd ram because they are two very different things. the model no. on the box match the specs on dells site but the stick in the box doesnt seem to match the model no. on the site, maybe this is a mispackaged item? did you take the stick out and see if its incompatable with your rig or did you just realise its ddr not sd ram or vice versa, because this looks like ddr to me.
Excuse me asking, but were you juiceranch?, seems obvious I know, but with furby about, you never know, don't be offended, I could check the IP's but I'm not going to.

Thanks.
__________________
Brookfield is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
BSOD
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,734
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Yeah, it definitely looks like DDR.



The one on the top is DDR (which is what yours looks like). The bottom one is the SDRAM with the second notch. Check it out before you sell. Maybe you got the type you really needed after all!
__________________
catalyst is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #18
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

no its ddr and my computer takes pc2-4200 also my ebay acution ends in about 4 hours and its at 55 cents
__________________
Elton is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,946
Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
Excuse me asking, but were you juiceranch?, seems obvious I know, but with furby about, you never know, don't be offended, I could check the IP's but I'm not going to.

Thanks.
yes i am juiceranch, i had a problem with starting new threads on my account so i had to create another account. i dont know if that is against the rules, creating multiple accounts, but i couldnt find any help as to why this was happening so i had to create a new account.

also in my signature (juiceranch) it said imjrr is my new account name, but i never got the activation email so yeah, juiceranch9 is my new account, not imjrr.

edit: woah, man you can check my ip address? lol.
__________________
Juice
P4 2.4GHz, 1.5Gb, 40Gb.
PowerBook G4 867MHz, 1Gb, 60Gb.
Juice is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: any intrest on this memory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceranch9 View Post
yes i am juiceranch, i had a problem with starting new threads on my account so i had to create another account. i dont know if that is against the rules, creating multiple accounts, but i couldnt find any help as to why this was happening so i had to create a new account.

also in my signature (juiceranch) it said imjrr is my new account name, but i never got the activation email so yeah, juiceranch9 is my new account, not imjrr.

edit: woah, man you can check my ip address? lol.
David & mods can check any IP address, how else do you think we can we identify members who come back & make trouble??
As to juiceranch, the last post under that name was April 25th, probably the date you changed to juiceranch9
__________________

__________________
Brookfield is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
×