Random Chit Chat

Hang in there, Cel.

It does cold enough to need the OEM t-stat but not anytime soon. That's why I fought my way to find the last one years ago. That along with wanting the right temp for fuel consumption, warming engine oil (I use conventional), and getting the right performance.

Operating temp does take time to reach but in this weather it's not much longer than with OEM t-stat.

I'm thinking let's forget about the OEM t-stat for now until at least the heating problem is solved.

Does it make sense that properly higher t-stat keeps coolant longer in radiator and regulates it better to cool off that ultimately in extreme weather it cools better than very low t-stats? 150F is just so low it feels like there is no t-stat really since coolant never gets to 150F once it exceeded it, at least not driving in cold highways.

Pretty much it. You want the coolant to stick around long enough to pick up heat thus the regulation. If the coolant is not warm enough it closes and vice versa.

Why it's bad idea to remove tstat and let it free flow.

Its my left side. Arm on left side in the shoulder Down towards my lung and diaphragm. and then Left hip and lag down to my knee. One doctor that did this shit on my neck last fall says oh, its just your rotator cuff. Asshole. I did find one thing, My primary doctor said my lung is clearing up. the meds are working...glad something is working. No more tests for now. Doctor is sending me pain pills for this and has no answers as to what is happening. He thinks its the surgery on the neck as none of this happened before it, but he can't prove it. My dr. seems to really care. he has called me almost every week to see how it goes and what do i need. My meter for blood oxygen Hit a low of 83 laying down in the bed and didn't know it but my hose disconnected from the oxygen concentrator. That scared my doctor. he said that there is something going on but not sure what. It really messed with his head. i think he is really concerned about it. Anyway, thats me, Now.. what with your arm and shoulder? Doctors have any clue? Any ideas they have like surgery? The weather sucks here too. Its 100 degrees today so far heat feels like temp is in the 110!!

My appt with the doc was set back due to battery problem. My new battery won't be in til Sun.

My arm started to loosen up. Hopefully get better. Unreal how things shift around in my shoulder/arm clicking and clacking.

Thinking that my new mattress is not working for me. It's all foam. I think I need to go back to inner spring.

Don't know why but back when I was still in Arizona, The truck started to act a bit weird. One time i try to start the truck and i get that CLICK that happens when the battery or starter is gone bad. Jump starts work. I think bad battery so i knew i was going to be towing so while i was at it, i bought the biggest amp hour i could fit into it. Same thing happens. Change starter. Then after that one more starter. They thought it was heat soak on the starter from the exhaust pipe going down beside it. Bought a heat shield for it. Same thing still happens. I went and bought new battery cables for Positive and negative. Heavier than really needed thing about the towing. No soap. New alternator, its bigger than normal sized 130amp. Still no soap. One time it would start and next time maybe start or not.. So one day i grabbed my starter jumper. it would start when the ignition wouldn't. Fix was a jump start button from battery to starter start post. Been like that for years now. Now, we move her to snow country and that works but now it won't start unless i get that jump start. So new starter and battery under warranty. Oh, once it started i could start with no issues but for the starter one. I bought a trickle charger. It tells me the battery is at 96%. I have to still charge when not using. don't matter if next day or next week. Been that way since i came here. summer time don't need the battery charger but if i don't start it up say a week or so, it will act like the winter times. Battery charger says 96%. Will start at 98%. Now Cel and anyone else...Whats the fix. Sorry, its a small block Chevy.

Last edited:
Having a trickle charger or the rv batterys both get me around. The button starter button gets me the rest. I have a amp meter and i have unplugged radio, CB sub-woofer pulled the fuses on the lights and electrics even the ecu and no giant draws. Plus At 96%, it should still start. charger gets to 98% or better and it starts. Not even a half amp draw from what the amp meter says. My meter is a Matco and fresh batterys.

Back
Top Bottom