Random Chit Chat

Normal in those conditions. May be better off with electric fans instead of clutch fan.

Outside temp rather extreme.

Cel and Dan - What do you think of Lt Gov Dan Patrick's remarks that he doesn't need Fauci's advice on how to combat the virus? Especially in light of the Texas soaring number of new cases.

The 111F I saw at that time was actually modest. At times it gets to 120F. I still see similar coolant temp, tho.

I'm struggling to find a good fitting electric fan(s) and a an electrician to fit it perfectly. One day, SG.

Cel and Dan - What do you think of Lt Gov Dan Patrick's remarks that he doesn't need Fauci's advice on how to combat the virus? Especially in light of the Texas soaring number of new cases.

It will speed up the rising cases. Myself, if i don't go inside without a mask i would be super stupid. I am on Oxygen so it could be could harder on me. Most of the time Deb does the shopping. so far that has worked. When we get home Deb sprays the bags with some Lysol. If it helps with reduces the level of the virus it should be a good thing. Lots of folks around here don't use the mask. Thats just plain dumb. I could see a fine or ticket for not using a mask and stores Not letting folks in there store, if they don't have masks. Remember, It starts with me.. :whistling:

With the high temps here,(100+) that would be normal. I was sitting for a hour or so at two different places with the a/c on high. With the electric fans on, My clutch fan didn't lock up and my temps never went over 190f. But that said, Its high humidity here about 70+degrees Makes the feel temps in the 117+ ranges. With the humidity it actually helps with temps as the higher rate allows the humidity to help cool the radiator. I never went over 195 like i said. The electric fans help with the a/c work better. Sitting outside in the truck inside was 74 degrees. Outside was 102 and fell like 116 degrees. I have a bad head gasket and it never got hot so those fans are the right thing for my truck. Like i said, I did a bunch of upgrades to the truck for towing. I am sure the extra fans and 4 core Aluminum radiator helped me a lot. The 12 blade helps i am sure as well. New water Pump and timing chain when i was doing that work on it. Have to run a 195 degree thermostat as it has something to do with emissions so it not going over the 200 mark was letting me know i did the right things with those add ons.
Now that said, You could have a partal blocked radiator. Outside and Inside it. A, remove the thermostat, flush and new coolant and thermostat. And one other thing, Go to a self serve car wash. Spray into the radiator from the inside of the engine compartment towards the front side. I am thinking that you are in deserts so you could have a blockage from the sands in your area. That was one thing i found living in Arizona. The radiator was about half way plugged up with sand. Also, I am not sure what thermostat to use for you. Most cars and gas powered trucks here have to use the 195 degree unit but not sure over there. If you have emissions testing then you may not have a choice. If they don't, i would go with a 160 or 180 degree. If you have cold winters then i would go with that 180 degree unit. Without even more info it is harder to figure out what gives with your car. Like What core radiator and what is it made of.

Last edited:
Radiator and fan clutch are OEM specs, new. Coolant too. Only the t-stat is a pathetic rated 150F. OEM is 190F and I can't find it any where so I have no choice. Last year I had no problems. Dunno what's the problem this time. Last year I had a 190F t-stat that I removed because I think it went bad and now can't find the same.

I bought a new water pump to fit in next week.

Does low t-stat hurt in the coolant heating department?

Too low a t-Stat might keep the engine from reaching normal operating temp when freezing cold outside. I doubt it gets cold enough where you live to make any difference. You could run fine with no t-Stat. Might take a little longer for your engine to reach normal operating temperature.

The tstat is there for a reason. It regulates the flow.

Strollin, I don't watch the news.

I need a new battery for my car. sigh

I had a doc appt yesterday when I found my car with a dead battery. About to find out what's the deal with my shoulder/xrays.

My right hand/arm is useless. I'm doing everything one handed including working on my car. Found the battery shot so new batt's on order.

The weather sucks.

Back
Top Bottom