Random Chit Chat

I never get drivers form the assembler; e.g. Asus or Gigabyte. I get them from the chipset manufacturer; e.g. Nvidia and AMD. Chipsets are typically unified unless hacked and that's not common.

I don't recommend overclocking unless the CPU is several years old and one wants to milk it or have special reasons like benchmarking. Otherwise the extra performance is not worth the trouble of reducing the CPU/GPU life or possibly risking the them plus the mobo. Even my 3.4Ghz to 4Ghz (even tried 4.4Ghz before) over clocked 8 year old CPU, and it was a high-end i5 at the time, is not making a difference now that many-multi core CPU's are out.

Just wondered. I know I could overclock the gpu but not sure about the cpu. The board is able to. Just wanting to play around to see if the cpu can and how much. CPU is 3.0ghz but would love to play around with that. Just to see how far I can go. Remember I planning a new build with ryzen. Anyway was just asking.;

Ok, didn't know that. Good to know. Don't know if the cpu will or not. Not sure if I want too. Just looking for something to do. Have to wait till Bob wakes up before I cut more wood. The framework is about halfway done.should have that done by this evening. Later fellow, need to get more supply's. Wd

It's still fun and one can't just hold back on doing them for whatever reason. Didn't mean to impose, sorry.

Let's not confuse factory overclocking with user overclocking. They are two completely different things. All CPU's and GPU's today have built-in speed boosting similar to overclocking but is automated and made with consideration. GPU's from third parties could have some overclocking tags but that's just because they are built on boards made by them with special settings. They are not dealt with like being manually overclocked by the user.

Had a funny thought while running a virus scan on my phone. :D

Scanning......

Found... COVID-19

Clean? [Y]es [N]o

Y

Cleaned

I remember a virus called Kobar or something that hit my first DOS computer. No matter how many times I give a friggin yes to remove it still stayed there.

Back
Top Bottom