Random Chit Chat

Nice, Lucky you got it from over there. My Hard drive that had windows 10 crashed. Tried to finally gave up, to format, wouldn't format so disc has bit the dust. So.. i am back on windows 7 again. Need to find a anti-virus program thats free. Some of them bug you to death wanting to do something. Want something simple and works in the background. I am on a hunting affair..

Saw the pain clinic doc this morning. His asst tells me that because of the the crisis they're not going to do injections. I said like hell you're not. I skipped my appt for injection because of this illness I had and I need the damn injection.

You gonna give me more pain pills to hold me over? No? Gonna let me suffer then? I was getting mad that she left the room. Later she came back and said I'm set up for inj Friday.

Hell the fuck yeah! :dance:

By the way, gotta pay for sedation, $100. :ermm:

Yep, C2-C3, C3-C4 and C4-C5 both sides.

Last edited:
Thats about the same discs they fused on me. Right now, Not on any pain meds. Most of what i have is lung issues and PTSD. Allergy's are bad here too. That don't help but what can i say..Sitting in the house playing games on the computer and watching You Tube on the big screen. Later fellow

This is the reality of where I am living and also many of you around the world. The Corvid-19 fight has only just begun and we can all play a part to help each other. This message is blunt and real, but it needs to be said.

Please understand and listen to what dedicated caring nurses are sharing. We each have a responsibility to protect other people's lives. Each day Doctors and Nurses are sacrificing theirs to help you. We're all in this together. I am non practicing nurse now, but have great respect and love for my sisters on the frontline.
Everyone be safe. We ♥ care what happens to you. From

FROM THE HEART OF A NURSE

I'm a critical care nurse which means I will be front line with ventilated COVID-19 patients. Here is what I'm doing to prepare for the coming months.

1. I'm preparing a space in my house so that I can isolate from the rest of my family for the months to come. This will be a place where I can eat, sleep and hang out by myself for months. Some of my colleagues are shipping the kids and spouse elsewhere because there isn't enough dedicated space in their house to stay apart.

2. I won't be able to safely kiss my children or spouse for the next few months so I'm stocking up on hugs and kisses because once COVID hits my unit it won't be safe to kiss them.

3. I checked my will to make sure it's up to date because there is a high likelihood I will get infected.. and I'm no spring chicken so my odds may not be ever in my favour. I'm reviewing my advanced directives so that if I do need a ventilator if and when I get COVID that my husband knows when it's ok to pull the plug.

4. My daughter has asthma so definitely can't hug and kiss her until this whole thing is over... I'm thinking this will be months long seeing how everyone is still not self-isolating...

5. I'll probably need a good counselor to deal with all the PTSD after the first wave of COVID... at least I'll have one on hand when the second and third wave of COVID happens.

6. My kids will probably need a good counselor too after all of this, we will do our best to support them but it will kill them to not have mom hug or kiss them... if you know me you've seen how I shower them in hugs and kisses, this part for me will be the hardest.

7. I am mentally preparing for all the death I will see, all the bodies I will have to wrap, all the families that will scream and cry as they lose a loved one, all my colleagues who are scared to ****, all the stress we will endure, all the elderly who I know will willingly give up a ventilator to save the younger ones, all the anger I will feel for those around the community who continue to spread the virus because they refuse to strictly self-isolate, all the young people who will die needlessly... and yes to me as a nurse people who are under 70 are considered young..

8.I'm preparing for the MORAL DISTRESS I will feel every day at work when I have to choose who gets my time, where do I cut corners with my patients so that I can get to everyone...how do I choose who is more valuable at any given moment???

9. I'm mentally preparing for the fact that myself or one of my colleagues will die in this war against the virus.

There is no doubt this is coming, this is what the numbers are telling us, this is what all the front line doctors who are weeks ahead of us are telling us... This is the sacrifice that all health care workers are making for our community, we are sacrificing our lives and our families...
WE DON'T WANT ACCOLADES!!! we just want you to make a SMALL sacrifice so that our life-altering sacrifices are worth it... Every time you step out of your house to go to the store, or hang out with someone who doesn't live with you, or let your teens be around their friends, or hang out with just one or two friends...you are silently and unknowingly contributing to the tsunami of death that is about to wash up in our hospitals.
When they report that a health care worker died... we will be a faceless news statistic... please share this so that we don't have to die in vain... we are real people who's lives will be impacted more than you could ever imagine... our window to stop this is getting smaller by the day... Please do your small part, I'm doing mine.

We are staying home and practicing social distancing. So far, within our county, there have been 5 cases with 1 death. All 5 of those cases were people that had recently returned from a cruise to Mexico.

My heart goes out to all the people that have jobs where they can't work from home but have to go out and interact with the public every single day, especially the health care workers.

Those people who are deniers of the crisis, those who think it's some kind of fake conspiracy and ignore the warnings to take this virus seriously really irk me. Many don't seem to understand that even though they might not care whether they get the virus or not because they feel it won't kill them, could spread the virus to others that do care and will die if they get infected.

That's the whole US. Some states are hit harder than some. My state Texas is one of the hardest hit. I and Dan are in it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom