Desktop Clock Issues

arncap

Baseband Member
My Windows 7 desktop computer clock keeps changing to an incorrect time frequently. Can anyone advise how to correct the problem?

All computers sync time with internet time servers.

1. Try changing time server to different than one it is syncing
2. Disable time sync completely, this is not recommended. It will cause problems with applications if time doesn't match.

3. Also, your router could be blocking those time servers

A failing or failed bios battery can also cause this. I have had the clock change to random times when the battery is on it's way out and a failed battery will cause the clock to reset to 00.00 midnight.

A failing or failed bios battery can also cause this. I have had the clock change to random times when the battery is on it's way out and a failed battery will cause the clock to reset to 00.00 midnight.

It's a round silver coin lithium battery very small and you have to open case to replace it. If clock changes without connecting to internet then take Pete suggestion.

Also you can try changing time in BIOS settings once replaced.

Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Date and time > Set the time and date > Internet time > Change settings > check Synchronize with an Internet time server and click Update now.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Back
Top Bottom