Random Chit Chat

From the stats, it's a combination of a poor design where the fuel tank is placed. It has exhaust and rear-end along with tank in the crumple zone. When hit from behind that area crumples and the fuel tank is shoved into the rear end axle. The tailpipe is also bent into the tank and axle. The design is a poor copy of a bomb if that zone is corrupted. Anyway, back in the seventies chevy trucks had the same issues with side mounted fuel tanks. They were open right behind the fender and nothing to really protect the tank from side hitting accidents. Later they placed them inside the frame rail fixing that issue.

Well, GM still makes great trucks! I am a born Chevy Truck man! GMC's are a great truck as well. One thing they are #1.:dance::popcorn:
I have a 2005 Chevy truck (2500HD Crew cab, Duramax diesel, 4WD, 104K miles) that I've owned since new. A few weeks ago, I had it in a tire shop for new rubber and one of the customers was asking the guys in the shop if they knew whether or not I wanted to sell the truck. They took down his name & number and gave it to me.

I called the guy since I had been thinking of selling the truck since we rarely use it anymore. I checked on kbb.com the truck should sell for between $16K and $25K. The guy came to look at the truck and asked me what I would take for it. I showed him the printout from kbb.com and told him that I would take $20K which is right in the middle of the range. He started hemming and hawing saying he didn't think he could go that high. He left and said he would call me later in the week. I haven't heard from him, don't know that I ever will. Guess he wasn't serious.

This truck is fully decked out with power leather seats (they're even heated), premium sound system, DVD player, climate control, etc... The Duramax engine coupled with an Allison transmission has a very good track record. That coupled with it only having 104K miles on it makes me think $20K is a good asking price. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
If I had the funds we could talk Turkey. Mine is a 1991 chevy 1500hd with over 300,000 miles on it. Getting a bit ragged from age. No rust as was a Az. truck. Some scale from being here in Texas. Don't look all that great, but still has it where it counts. Will most likely run it till I die. Lots of memories and fun times. Don't want to get rid of it. I have had offers to 3500 bucks. Nope!
If you get rid of it, you will need it for something and be kicking yourself for getting rid of it. My last truck was a 1969 chevy pickup.h as very had a 83 and 87 and also a kodiak on the job. I'm a die hard fan.

Yeah, gotta have something for towing/hauling.If we do sell it, we plan to get a Tahoe to replace it. Before this truck, we had a 1997 2500 Suburban with 454 engine. Before that we had a 1973 2500 Suburban with 454.

Prior to that we had a 1965 Ford F-100 with 352 engine.

Should be easy to get parts as many as they have made. If you like Sports cars then this could be the one for you. A Chevy Camero is another good choise. I don't like Fords but the Mustang is another one that seems to have a following as well. Don't know what you have over there so i may be off side a bit. I just have had my sports cars and don't want anymore. Like i said, i am a truck lover.

The new Dodge Chargers seem to be very popular with law enforcement.

And I say "new" because the real Chargers were two door hot rods, not four door sedans. At least they didn't completely bastardize the Challenger by making it a four door as well.

Back
Top Bottom