Finding bbc.co.uk

oldun

Baseband Member
Just recently I vae found it impossible to find pages om bbc.co.uk.

My browaer homepage is bbc.co.uk but when I open the browser I see the correct address on the screen but as soon as it loads it converts to bbc.com.

All attempts to load pages from bbc.co.uk are trasncferred to bbc.com

What is goimg on and what am I doing wrong?

That's quite weird to be honest. If I put www.bbc.com into the address bar or the search bar it reverts to www.bbc.co.uk If I go to the BBC home page, www.bbc.co.uk I can open pages and they are all www.bbc.co.uk/sports or whatever page I choose. From what I can see there is no www.bbc.com. Google that address and Google says it a valid address but when I ask to go there from Google it sends me to www.bbc.co.uk.

Not an answer as such and absolutely no help I'm afraid.

I can across something else that is weird and may explain the problem. Whilst trying to log on to a site offereinf "free" software I was told tjat it was not possible as I was using a VPN.

I have no idea how I managed to be using a VPN nor how to stop using it. Perhaps because I am using a VPN it does not know that I am in the UK so converts to bbc.com.

Ain't life grand!!!

Any ideas?

I went onto the net to find out how to remove the vpn or proxy server as I could not find the necessary seetings.

I found that the settinds were within the browser settings so I persevered and eventually was able to remove the vpn/proxy server(?).

I restarted the compter and now I find that I am able, once again, to get to bbc.co.uk.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom