Hello. This is jessie

Hello and welcome to the forum. It's all a bit quite in here at the moment.

I like Dell mainly for their backup service. I don't how it works in America but over here in UK if we get a problem with a Dell device they will connect via the web if they can and sort it. If they cannot connect or cannot sort it they will come to my home, pick the device up, fix it and then return it. I don't have to go places PC World etc and talk to muppets.

Not so sure about HP. I've been bitten once or twice with HP devices so I don't bother with them any more.

Whatever I get the first thing I do is reinstall Windows. That way I get rid of ALL the useless junk that the manufacturers put on their computers that, inevitably, slows them down.

Welcome aboard :D
I prefer custom builds for their versatility more than pre-builds from OEM's for their compatibility. Compatibility there is still a good thing, tho.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard :D
I prefer custom builds for their versatility more than pre-builds from OEM's for their compatibility. Compatibility there is still a good thing, tho.

Yes I used to custom build mine once and I worked in an enviroment that had 450 desktop computer and umpteen laptops and a biggish three level network. But now I'm retired I like an easy life. I don't do anything high end any more so Dell laptops suit me fine, at least when they have offers on.

Welcome JessieJ!

We all have our likes and preferences, there's room for us all. I own 2 desktops and 2 laptops. Both desktops are self-built but laptops are a different story so they are pre-built. I have no strong preference for one brand of pre-built over another.

Welcome aboard!! My last 6 have been home self built. I am on a Asus motherboard right now. Don't know what my next one will be.Thats half the fun!

Back
Top Bottom