Why you must need a VPN to protect your online privacy?

heidenkeller

Beta member
Hello Folks, I would like to seek your suggestions about why a VPN is necessary to secure your online privacy? I suggest you should try using a Dedicated IP VPN subscription from Ivacy, I have been using it for a week now and it works smoother and offer several different location servers, I am likely to upgrade my subscription to an elite user account.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. Are you seeking advise or giving it?

If you are seeking: VPNs hide your identity from websites you visit by routing your traffic through a proxy server. On top of that, all the information you send is encrypted in your computer and decrypted in this proxy server (sometimes on top of the encryption provided by SSL, depending on the websites you visit), which is useful if you want to hide your activity from your ISP or the government. Some services also advertise to be "log-free", which means everything that goes through this server is forgotten as soon as it leaves the memory. (It's up to you to believe this part or not.)

There is not much more to say about VPNs, except they are not bulletproof, and that there are better, yet slower ways to hide your identity.

Back
Top Bottom