Computer upgrade

Well no luck getting a response from that website I bought the key from. Send them the screenshots of the error per their request and nothing in return.

I may try activating over the phone just to see if that works, but it may just be less trouble to buy a key from Microsoft.

On another note the church I go to is upgrading the sound systems and we are eliminating audio recording in favor of Facebook and YouTube streaming so I might be getting the other computer just like this one and if so I'll do the same upgrades to it as I'm doing to this one.

Thinking I might be able to buy the processor this paycheck.

Now question is will the current CPU heatsink be enough or will I need a better one?

Now given the other computer already has the mods to manually control the speed of the case fans and the mod to vary the LCD backlight brightness I may use that in my stereo room and move the one I just built to my 12' X 12' building where the fan noise and not being able to vary the LCD backlight brightness won't be an issue .

Processor is installed.

Using the userbenchmark program the scores aren't all that much better, but it does seem like my CPU usage percentage is down which is good.

I know the temperature is ok, but I do want it to run a little cooler.

If the monitor program I use is correct the average temp of all cores is hovering around 138-150F with some music streaming and a couple websites open on two monitors with animations.

I may look for a taller heatsink that will still allow the fan to fit.

Last edited:
I have Windows 10 home installed already. The support from the website I bought the key from wants me to take a few screenshots of me entering the code and any error messages so they can see if they gave me a bad code.

I have Windows 10 home installed already. The support from the website I bought the key from wants me to take a few screenshots of me entering the code and any error messages so they can see if they gave me a bad code.

Is it a legitimate product key?

It was sold to me as a legitimate key.

Never heard back from them after sending the email with the requested screenshots.

I did get the other computer like this I had built for the church as we no longer needed it anymore so I swapped the processor and fans to that one.

I will now put the one I just built elsewheres and do the same upgrades.

The photo on the top is the results after a heatsink and fan upgrade and before the memory upgrade.

The photo on the bottom is the results after the memory upgrade. At one point it jumped up to 32 H/s briefly.

With only background programs running RAM usage is only 22% now. I think some things are loading faster as well.

Attachments

• CPU test.jpg
    CPU test.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 5
  • CPU test upgraded RAM.jpg
    CPU test upgraded RAM.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4
This thread is such a sh*show that I lost track of the problem.

Why did you order more memory? It's 22% now. How was it before? Did you need to get more?

Back
Top Bottom