weird computer

600 volts? Are you gonna be distributing power to your while neighborhood?

Joking aside, all PSUs have the same voltages. A 12v rail, a 5v rail and another rail I can't remember now. The wattage is the important part.

Your wattage is fine, just try to focus on troubleshooting the other components, ok? The PSU is not discarded though. Unless it worked fine before, in which case it is.

wth, i must have hit wrong digit. sorry. yeah, i think the 350 is more than needed myself but that program said almost 400 watts (378). so i get a cheap one and throw it in there and fire it up and blow it up...hehe won't hurt but everything worked. fans, hard drive starts and the startup of w 7 then quits. runs about say 30 seconds. sounds like something hot or under powered. cpu is cool to the touch. no caps look bloated board is clean. guess i will try and see what happens..

The value you read is VA (Volt-amperes). It's of course higher than the Watts value.

I didn't know Windows was starting. You don't get BSOD, right?

Also, how are you touching the processor? Are you not using a cooler?

cooler installed. have a temp gauge that uses red led to check temps. no bcod. i think it cuts too quick. i hear a click when it shuts off. can't figure where it comes from. not very loud.

What did you change besides the processor? I mean if it was working before, I don't think only changing that would affect power consumption so much that it would stop booting.

Have you tried down clocking the processor and lowering the voltage?

no i haven't tried that but that its a single core processor i wouldn't think it would draw as much wattage as a duel core. has two gigs of ram total. dvd burner lightscribe. 320 gig hard drive both of those are sata. one pci thats a ethernet. 10,100,1000. i know he wants to put a duel core in it. so thats a 95 watter so i need to keep that in mind. it has 6 usb's and 3of 4 are used on that back. he uses the front two for..i do not have a clue. has envidia 6110 video card.

So why don't you just disconnect most things not necessary for the computer to work and check if the problem still persists?

Back
Top Bottom