Is my Laptop overheating

yes I think you are correct the red circle is the intake and I do have the exhaust on the same left side.
maybe a paper clip inserted into fan blades to hold fan in place then blow air inside.

additionally I believe just above the keyboard there is a vent that's the length of the keyboard sometimes I have been know to place papers over the keyboard probally preventing/limiting airflow.
Thanks for the tips will report back w/ results. STB

I blew compressed air then vacuumed also not cover air flow on keyboard. temps at same CPU usage are improved to normal.
I use core temp. previous to clean CT temps where in the yellow overheating area.

Well, the only other thing you can do would be to disassemble the unit and change out the thermal compound for the cpu. Usually the manufacturers use stuff that has a top priority of longevity, not cooling ability. I know you're not comfortable with that, so you might check your local repair shops and ask if they'd be able to do that for you. Even with the new paste though, it'll only bring temps down by like 5 degrees C...

If you do not know check what I do with my own laptop. Every year I go to a technician doing cleaning on my laptop and I have my head quiet. You need to be sure when you open the backside for your moves so that you do not cause a great deal of damage and you can not fix it

I use a high output air compressor for such issues. It seems good enough to clean dust even from inside devices without disassembling.

Dunno what's called in English, but it's a handheld gun look-a-like that exhausts high pressure air. Google images doesn't wanna give a photo for it.

23.099__92756.1477075894.500.750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom