Trying to find chip set drivers for a PC desktop

I would disable the sound and see if that solves it. Like you said you can always add a usb sound board or a sound card to the board. But i would try and just disable the sound and go to control panel. if that works then you know where the issue is.
Just another thought, Did you try bios and see if it shows what kind of graphics it has? Sound? Maybe other info as conflicts could help too.

Last edited:
See if this is what you are looking for

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/293452/Msi-Ms-6787.html?page=8

Does this look like your motherboard?

Thats the same motherboard lol

I will have a look in the BIOS in a bit to see if it shows the hardware info, I'm just hoping I can get the Graphics going, ideally under XP as I have a lot of old software that I'd like to use on it thats not compatible with newer Windows versions.

Tbh this computer has caused me a lot of stress so I'm going to take a little break from it for now and then I'll try again tomorrow.

Good idea! No need to stress out. When you do desire to try again, Go to MSI who actually made the motherboard. see what they have for it. later, Dan

Update I managed to sort the problems and I got all my drivers working... well apart from one.

When I first powered on the computer today I was getting the blue screen of death I also checked over settings in the BIOS and started Windows7 up in safe mode and disabled the sound which solved the blue screen problem and all my other drivers are installed now and I'm using a USB sound device for audio so all is good, however I don't want to speak to soon.

I've got 3 days left to activate Windows7 so before I do that I just need to give the hard drive a good thorough scan for any bad sectors just to be sure everything is good. I'm also going to leave the computer running for a while with some programs running just to check the computer dosen't blue screen and that everything is good.

I think the on-board audio is bad or maybe shorted out. If the usb works right maybe a pci audio board would work on it.
Glad you are up and running!!

Back
Top Bottom