HP Slimline

Wired Earp

Baseband Member
I have 2 questions. I'm unable to go to another site while on a site, so how can this be done? I can't shut down the computer from the desk top, so how do I do this? I just got it a few days ago. And I have Windows 10, if that's relevant.

Like, if you are on a site and you click on a link nothing happens? Which browser are you using?

About the shutdown problem, how are you trying to do it? By pressing the button?

I click on another site and the site I'm on closes. I'm using Google Chrome.

I shut down by pressing the monitor button and then the CPU button, instead of the usual way from the desktop.

I click on another site and the site I'm on closes. I'm using Google Chrome.

I shut down by pressing the monitor button and then the CPU button, instead of the usual way from the desktop.

That's how it works. You press on a site and the one you are in closes. Try opening links with the middle button instead, that opens another tab with the site you clicked.

Just to understand, you click on the "Shut Down" button and nothing happens?

Maybe you're refering to Microsoft Edge. I just tried that, and it works.

There is no Shut Down button.

Maybe you're refering to Microsoft Edge. I just tried that, and it works.

There is no Shut Down button.

No. Works in Chrome as well.

There isn't?

Have you tried this:

3mGWKT1.png

TngwYe0.png

i4V39tP.png

Or ar you doing something else?

Are you sure you have Windows 10? Early versions of Windows 8 didn't have a power button on the Start Menu.

Can you post a screenshot of the System Properties?

Last edited:
It's a new computer so I don't think it has Windows 8.

I don't no how to send a screen capture, but I don't think you need it. There are 8 icons in the middle at the bottom: audio, tasks, Microsoft Edge, file explorer, store, Dropbox, mail, and Google Chrome.

Back
Top Bottom