Happiness is...

Sounds like all 3 of us are old farts!

I'm not exactly a model of good health, I've got my issues, but I don't feel I'm ready to kick the bucket anytime soon. Heck, I'm still working and supporting 2 of our adult children that live with us. My current thought is that I'll work for another 18 months or so, then retire for good.

Last edited:
I have my issues too which is chronic pains and I take Vicodin and get injections in my neck and lower back. All because of a life time of heavy lifting. At my age I'm still fairly strong but not as strong I used to be.

I bruise easily and that sucks. When I work on my car my arms are a bloody mess.

I'm not ready to kick the bucket myself either but I have a feeling it'll be my heart that will go. Lately it's getting too tired from handling my strength.

Last edited:
Feel The same Celery. My arms bleed like crazy when i just rub them against something. Our Hearts seem strong in the family but cancer seems to take its toll on us. For some reason Pancreatic cancer is what hits us the worst. My brother next to me is almost 78. He has outlived all the rest that had died around 63 years of age. I'm 65 and have also outlived. Only the good die young so Bill and i must be really bad....

My dad died of Pancreatic cancer at 44 and my mom died of Heart failure at 78 but I and my dickhead nephew are the only ones in the family that are not diabetic so I don't know if the diabetes were the contributing factor in their deaths..

From what i learned, first diabetes, then pancreatic cancer. Or thats the way mine went.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Just fyi, both Bill and i are both diabetic. So far no cancer.

Hehehe, this is how I piss off my sis. Move her stuff around, it messes with her head.

I have a true story about that subject.

About 10 years ago, I went to a car show with some buddies. When I came home, I was pretty sure I set my camera down on the counter. However, the next day I went for my camera but it wasn't there. I asked my wife if she had moved the camera and she said she hadn't seen it. I checked my car and even called the buddies I went to the show with to ask if I had left my camera in their car or their houses.

I asked my wife again if she had moved the camera and she said no. I asked if she was sure and she screamed back at me that she hadn't touched my camera and for me to never ask her about it again.

Six months went by and I didn't find the camera so I ended up buying a new one. About 2 days after I bought the new camera, my youngest daughter came to me and asked if the camera she was holding in her hand was the one I had been looking for. It was so I asked where she found it and she told me that it was in the bottom kitchen cabinet, way in the very back. The only one who would ever have put something in that place would have been my wife. When I showed her the camera and where it had been found, she just shrugged her shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom