how could one start coding (java script or something)

Learning to code without an objective in mind is like deciding to go on vacations and start driving in a random direction. You'll get somewhere, but it's impossible to say if that somewhere is where you wanted to go.

As an example, I wanted to participate in the Linux kernel development (mostly I wanted to understand how it worked), so I started learning C, and a little bit of assembly. I had a goal in mind, later I realized what it took to achieve it.

There is not best language, there are only better languages for specific tasks. Once you've learned your first one, learning the second one is considerably easier.

PS: The book I used for C is called "The C Programming language", and the authors are Kernigham and Ritchie.

Learning to code without an objective in mind is like deciding to go on vacations and start driving in a random direction. You'll get somewhere, but it's impossible to say if that somewhere is where you wanted to go.

As an example, I wanted to participate in the Linux kernel development (mostly I wanted to understand how it worked), so I started learning C, and a little bit of assembly. I had a goal in mind, later I realized what it took to achieve it.

There is not best language, there are only better languages for specific tasks. Once you've learned your first one, learning the second one is considerably easier.
OK, nice explaination

Probably the truest things besides o best language. I used to learn php , going through courses it was slow and tedious , then one day i applied for a job and was asked to write a api , at that time it was out of my scope, i was dissapointed in myself. So i started learning with the goal to be able to write that api , and let me tell you everything went so much faster. I continued to use this method alway setting a goal , this time to write a cms ,then i want to make a api , then a eCommerce site .... eventually things start overlapping and the learning just becomes faster and faster despite the fact you are learning more complicated things. THis i believe can be true with most markup languages .

Probably the truest things besides o best language. I used to learn php , going through courses it was slow and tedious , then one day i applied for a job and was asked to write a api , at that time it was out of my scope, i was dissapointed in myself. So i started learning with the goal to be able to write that api , and let me tell you everything went so much faster. I continued to use this method alway setting a goal , this time to write a cms ,then i want to make a api , then a eCommerce site .... eventually things start overlapping and the learning just becomes faster and faster despite the fact you are learning more complicated things. THis i believe can be true with most markup languages .
It's not only the fact that you have a goal, but also that you can continuously apply what you learn and that way you never forget it.

It's not only the fact that you have a goal, but also that you can continuously apply what you learn and that way you never forget it.

Yea i definitely agree with this what happens when you do something practically is you start asking questions you would never have thought of reading a book or listening to a lecture . you start getting involved more the the concept of the language than the syntax .

Back
Top Bottom