Battery life

bebbles12

Baseband Member
Just bought a new battery yesterday from "Experimac" in my neighborhood who seem to specialize in Apple products. Under my charge info it says cycle count 0, condition normal, amperage -22, charge remaining 6502 out of full charge capacity of 7000. Just bought it yesterday. I got it at 63% charge, used it for about 2 1/2 hours on battery and it slipped down to about 56%. closed the lid, left it for about 2 hours in hibernation mode, came back and it was at 7%. That doesn't seem right or is it? I've set the settings as much as I can to conserve power. If they were open today I would have taken it back but next year I will.

How many hours do you expect to get after a 100% charge?

Especially if you are using Apple rubbish who seem to be hellbent on reducing their devices battery life if the reports are to be believed.

I asked a serious question because I don't know what the expected time is in regard to your laptop.

Anyway you need to get to 100% to build up amps.

It usually lasts the whole day especially with reduced settings of the brightness, only running safari vice chrome which seems to take up more CPU resources, shutting off wifi, no Bluetooth, and no extra programs running simalutenously

it should last approx. 9-12 hours if you charge it to full. Apple products, for some reason, re-calibrate battery life sensors after it's been discharged or replaced. Just charge it up all the way, and it should be fine.

Ok, I got a pretty good idea about the battery now. I had a similar problem with my battery on my phone. When I went below 80% it dropped like crazy and stopped working. I got a new higher cap battery and it's more gradual in usage and held up at below 30%.

You may have a bad battery so see if it does it again. You should charge close to full capacity each time but don't over charge.

Back
Top Bottom