Software needed

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
Hello guys, today I went to the pawn shop and picked me up a Dell laptop and I just installed Windows 7 on it.

I went to device manager and it has some device drivers needed. My question is...does anyone know of a software I can download to find out what model # my laptop is.

It doesn't have a sticker on the bottom which has the model #.

Thanks for any help :)

I don't know of software like that, but you could download Speccy and using the brand and hardware maybe you can get somewhere. CNET usually provides good specifications for laptops otherwise very hard to find in the manufacturer's website.

Thanks for that I will try that...

I remember a piece of software I tried to get the manufacture model of a laptop I had and the name of it started with a B.

It was belark or beleck , some thing like that , that gave me the details of my computer but I forgot the name.

Anyways thanx for the info

I don't think that such software exists. How would if find out the model? Unless there is some information in the motherboards' firmware, which seems pretty weird to me, there is no way.

Ok just an update:

I went to the Dell web site and they asked for a Service Tag #

So I found that on the bottom of my laptop, thanks for your help anyways

I was able to download the drivers for it ...yay !!

Just for the future, you could try Driver Booster. It finds a ton of drivers of devices you didn't even know you had. Very helpful program.

Usually you can find the drivers by copy and pasting the hardware ids from the details section of the device in device manager.

Back
Top Bottom