New Computer help question

Decided on Macrium Reflect 7. Creating a did image now saving to one of me external hard drives. Only 65gb to make an image of.

Since I am going to restore the image to a new SSD which will be used on the same computer. I believe all that I would is restore the image in the new SSD. Then boot the computer.

Which one of these would fit a Dell Optiplex 280 computer. View attachment 2568View attachment 2569

The model (or at least picture) of your motherboard should solve that. Usually you won't be missing drive bays in your case unless you added some drives before, but not all boards have M.2 connectors. If yours is old, chances are it doesn't have one.

After you rule out the interface, you would need to see if you have any drive bays available in your case.

Will locate a photograph oh the motherboard. I see two photographs of motherboards for the Dell GX 280. Both look slightly different.IMG_4660.jpgIMG_1486.jpg

Last edited:
The above web page does not show the SSD only this.View attachment 2572

That's weird... Ok it's the large one. The one that looks like this:
crucial_ct1000mx200ssd1_1tb_mx200_sata_2_5_1116798.jpg

I purchased one just like this for my other newer computer. Was not difficult at all to install. Will purchase the SSD and have a computer expert do the installation. Probably even restore the c drive image to the SSD. Because I even bet that is just as complicated.

I purchased one just like this for my other newer computer. Was not difficult at all to install. Will purchase the SSD and have a computer expert do the installation. Probably even restore the c drive image to the SSD. Because I even bet that is just as complicated.

Installing the SSD is very easy. I don't know about cloning drives since I've never done it before, but I bet it's just as easy. The software probably has some documentation you can read.

Back
Top Bottom