.NET "Unhandled Exception Has Occurred In Your Application" (Seemingly Unfixable)

HammyCakes

Baseband Member
.NET "Unhandled Exception Has Occurred In Your Application" (Seemingly Unfixable)

Hey! Ever since a week ago, every time I turn on my MSI laptop, I get a dialogue box that pops up looking like this:

net%2Bframework%2Berror.jpg

It disappears in less than a second, therefore I can't click the 'details' tab and have no idea what they are as such.

I have tried multiple things, but I can't go as far as to completely reinstall .NET 4.7, as for some unfathomable reason it isn't listed in programs. I tried to uncheck and recheck the boxes in "Turn programs and features on and off," but that did nothing.

With .NET not working, the SCM application doesn't work and I can't enable or disable blutooth, wireless, and the webcam.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: .NET "Unhandled Exception Has Occurred In Your Application" (Seemingly Unfixable)

have you checked the event logs to see if there is more info there?

Re: .NET "Unhandled Exception Has Occurred In Your Application" (Seemingly Unfixable)

I fixed it, the version of the application giving the error (SCM) was outdated. Updating it resolved the issue!

Good man. For future reference, though it's a .NET Framework error, the actual failure is 99.9% of the time caused by an application, and not a problem with the framework itself.

In future, you can disable all the startup programs, then enable them all in groups at a time to try and identify which one is an issue. In Windows 7 this is done using the "msconfig" command, and in Windows 10 the startup programs are in Task Manager.

Back
Top Bottom