Mobo fuse/blown issue. Advice needed urgently.

you can (and I'd recommend!) mask the surrounding area on the board with Kapton tape.
that stops the parts of the board that you don't want to heat up from heating up.

that's the method I used when I re-flowed the wifi chip on my iphone using a hot air station.

You won't find it at a general store.
You may find it at a store that sells bits that can be used for 3D printers. Otherwise order online.

Kapton tape is a heat resistant plastic, used on 3D printers to provide either a surface that ABS plastic sticks to, or a heat resistant tape used to insulate electronics from heat. It was designed and developed for NASA as an electrical insulation that could protect devices when dealing with the heat of re-entry. If you ever see a picture of a satellite covered is a weird bronze/gold like cellophane looking film - that's kapton.

I don't think you'd have to do anything. What you did was plugging in wrong and shorted the chip to power via plug.

The chip is damaged that's for sure so just disable the pins that they won't be used. Use the adapters from the Molex plugs to the fans.

It'll be something like this and if you plugged in offset it gets damaged.

Attachments

• Fan_Drawing.jpg
    Fan_Drawing.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom