Hi, I am "AintGottaClue," and that's the truth!!

Hey, I still use Winamp, and love it!! Nothing wrong with the "old stuff," as long as it works!

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

I am going to try and see one more time if Microsoft can resolve this issue, and point them toward the SoundMAX thing that doesn't seem to work at all when you click on it. Perhaps that is what is creating the issue. If that doesn't work, I'll go to Linux. I don't have a flash drive...all I have right now are microSD Cards. I'll look at the flash drives when I go to Wally World to get the DVD's.

Not sure if you've tried, but there should be drivers for that model on dell's website. might be worth a try to manually install the latest oem drivers, in case they accidentally got replaced with generic microsoft ones.

I use Winamp too. The best player for Tracker/Module files, if you what those are.

Ah, what Win10 installation method did you choose? I remember there are: keep everything and upgrade, remove previous Windows and only keep personal files, or make a full clean installation. Those or what fits the description; I don't remember the exact wording. Did you try all? I thought maybe since you're having Linux in mind, you're ready to wipe out the OS you're using now by installing it.

As for MS, or any other customer service for that matter, it is often that they don't give you a good solution and you get it from a third party. Sometimes I even turn things upside down and solve it myself.

Honestly, I think Linux will give you more grief than satisfaction. I could be wrong, but it's a presumption out of personal experience. There's no harm in trying, tho.

As long as you have an internet connection, Linux is easy. If you run into a problem, then there is a very good chance someone else already has. Also, in all the time I've used it, I haven't used the console that much, although it is recommended to get familiar with the basic commands.

About the installation medium, is there a reason why you don't want to use a flash drive? They are very easy to create when on Windows.

As long as you have an internet connection and unlimited time to figure out why little bits don't work!

personally if I were you I'd just download the windows 10 ISO from Microsoft, and reinstall windows, - it'll probably fix the nagging error that is causing so many issues.

if you want to try linux, then it would be better to find the utility called lili (linux live USB stick creator) and make a flash drive to try it, (before you overwrite everything.

you could end up in a situation where you start with a DVD, blow away windows, and then find you can't install linux as you have a driver issue or something, can't get online if there are no network drivers etc!

As long as you have an internet connection and unlimited time to figure out why little bits don't work!

Yeah but that's part of the experience. Freedom is worth it!!!

Windows is definitely much more polished and the king of compatibility.

Everyone knows what they are getting into when installing Linux. If you want something that works on every existing piece of hardware right out of the box, don't get Linux, BSD, or anything that isn't Windows. Learning Linux with a bit of operating system knowledge is really fun and useful.

I remember learning how to install Dos when I was 16. Beautiful days. But that gave me nightmares!

And yeah, careful not ruin the partitions format playing with Linux's installations. Tho it's a learning experience, knowing if there's a possibility to lose important files tells to not risk it.

When I first started using DOS, you didn't install it, you just booted from the DOS disk and used it. This predates systems that came with hard drives installed. My first system had floppy disk drives only.

Hello & Welcome to the forum..

A long time ago I too used to use Winamp player. It was the coolest thing back in the day when I was using Win XP on my computer.

I loved it for the fact I would point it to a folder where all my music mp3's were stored and it would play all of them like one giant playlist. Also the visuals were the coolest thing.

Anyways, It's really nice to have you with us.. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom