Returning after six months of absence

ChirunoScarlet

Baseband Member
Hello,

My previous handle here was timekiller89 although I only made around seven posts, however I have decided to return to CF for a second term under a new name.

I'm sixteen years old (turned 16 on Thursday) and am from the south-east of England - I'm also of British-Irish descent. I'm definitely not your average sixteen year old though, I'm nowhere near neurotypical (I'm pretty autistic) and like messing around with computery stuff despite my young age. I also have a fairly decent knowledge of HTML and CSS, and am administrator on an IRC network. I'm also into anime art, particularly that of Cirno/Chiruno, whom I consider my waifu (despite her being from the Touhou series of games and not an anime series). Yes, I'm pretty into that kind of stuff. :p

Anyway, I'm running Windows 7 on an Acer that was made for Windows 10, and it actually runs much more fluidly on 7 than 10 :p

Hope I have fun here!

Welcome back to CF..

I'm glad you decided to return to us, and to have fun on the forum.

I like playing retro games too, my favorite console games are on the Super Nes and Genesis emulators. I like playing RPG games and side scrolling games.

Anyways, Happy Birthday to you....Hope you had a great birthday. :)

@Smart_Guy: I think it makes sense :)

@~mr mixx~: I did have a good birthday, and I'm having fun already - my favourite consoles happen to be SNES/MD too. :)

Mega Drive does Street Fighter 2 (the original) better.
SNES does Super Street Fighter 2 better.

The MD port of SSF2 actually felt like a port of the SNES version: they use the same graphics for instance and the audio was probably converted extremely lazily from the SNES version rather than remade.

Last edited:
When the 6-button game pad on MD saw its way and SSF2 took advantage of it, it still did not get a pause function (couldn't with the same release because it's in the code) even tho it made the game feel arcade like with the button layout. That alone felt kinda inferior to SNES haha. I'm an MD guy but Sega did things that unfortunately prevented further potential. Things like lack of a select-like button and only 3 action buttons on release.

But still, I prefer MD. Streets of Rage and Shinobi, right? Good thing we have that wonderful Streets of Rage Remake out there to keep the series live on. I gather with my cousins to play that game all night long.

As for the music, something special is there on MD that makes the music in some cases more attractive than SNES. Is the SNES sound chip complicated for developers or something? Good composers on SNES still made some music that MD could made like Demon's Crest. Streets of Rage is a very good example for MD's music.

Last edited:
Nice. I love the sounds of the SNES's SPC700 and the MD's YM2612, both produce great sound and have an equally fair share of great sounding games. Though unfortunately the SNES chip usually sounded quite muffled compared to the sharper sound of the MD's chip...

True that. Looks like the SNES tried to simulate wave form which is heavily affected by bit rate and bandwidth much more than the almost pure synthesis chip on MD. Kinda like early web streaming wave and MP3 audio that was small in size to get along with slow internet connections (and older less capable hardware sometimes) causing it to sound foggy (if I get the wright expression) verses midi audio that always sounded sharp.

Back
Top Bottom