Free MS Office

Didn't know about that but have used Open Office for years. Works better than office and free is a good price tag! Maybe i should check it out. Will it work on windows 10?

I'll take Google Drive any day.

Same. The only issues i've noticed with all the alternatives is that sometimes there are formatting errors when you switch between them and/or MS Word.

Also, iirc, google's version of excel doesn't have all of the fancy math formulas as the real deal, but it has most of them.

What is the difference between open office and libre office?
OpenOffice is the original, and thanks to Oracle's neglecting of the project, they simply dumped it on the Apache Software Foundation after 3.3 and then LibreOffice was born with most of the main OpenOffice developers moving to there. In terms of which is the better free office suite I'd go for LibreOffice due to its more consistent and active development - OpenOffice is literally a security hole at this point with the amount of stagnation between updates these days.

Answering the post, you can't get Microsoft Office for free legally - you are free to use torrent sites and the like, but don't be surprised if you landed with malware in the process, I'd suggest either going for LibreOffice or just buying MS Office if you can afford it.

I use a spread sheet to keep track of conditions with the weather station. Libreoffice works better than Open Office. My figures are where they are supposed to be when with Open Office they never were. I had to shift them to there separate places on the page to see what was really going on. Thanks for this information on Libreoffice. Saves me many hours of work.

Back
Top Bottom