Need more memory?

LOL, I found a way to really suck up the memory. I used YouTube and turned on a bunch of videos at the same time.

Man talk about a racket! :lol:

and look at the other graphs, especially the Ethernet.

Last edited:
Hey you should try Rainmeter. Seems like a nice alternative to Window's monitor.

Is internet browsing all you do?

Browse net, play games and view videos are pretty much all I do. I guess I don't need more memory but I don't get the memory management working like that.

Probably some tweaking are in order.

I really suggest leaving it at 8GB.

I'm on 16GB (so I can run virtual machines and fool around with RAM desks when I want) and I never crossed 7GB of used memory at worst cases while moderately browsing and playing heavy games at the same time (yeah, I use multiple monitor setup and multitask).

Besides, using different memory sticks no matter how small the difference is could risk opening a huge can of worms. I had this problem before with almost identical memory sticks. Games gave blue screens after hours of playing and they are gone completely after fixing that. Not a certain problem but the risk is there.

Last edited:
Browse net, play games and view videos are pretty much all I do. I guess I don't need more memory but I don't get the memory management working like that.

Probably some tweaking are in order.
I don't know. I don't think that's swap. It was just a wild guess.

No I'm sure you're right. I remember long ago I turned off file paging so everything had to be done in physical memory. Worked great and it was faster but then I ran into some programs that expected file paging to be active. They crashed.

No I'm sure you're right. I remember long ago I turned off file paging so everything had to be done in physical memory. Worked great and it was faster but then I ran into some programs that expected file paging to be active. They crashed.
Ah. If you disabled Demand paging, then you'll probably want more RAM.

Although now that I read what Windows calls paging, maybe "demand paging" is not the correct term. For what I've read, "paging", according to Windows, is just swapping the least used pages... That's definitely not called paging.

This is off-topic but it needed to be said [emoji14]

Call it what you want. I think the correct term is paging file. duh
It's just swap. But I was referring to the process.

I'm now realizing I read it wrong. It's just Pagefile. And the process doesn't specifically have a name. So I guess that's correct.

Anyways, I which situations did you notice it improved performance?

Back
Top Bottom