Socket FM2+ supports AMD FM2+/FM2 A-series APU
GIGABYTE Ultra Durableâ„¢ Technology
Dedicated audio hardware zone with Audio Noise Guard design
HDMI 1.4, D-sub ports for multi-display support
Native USB 3.0 and SATA3 ports with RAID support
GIGABYTE UEFI BIOS
GIGABYTE On/Off Chargeâ„¢ for USB devices
Solid capacitors for APU VRM design

Looking to order a heatsink ( air ) or possibly liquid cooler.
I'm confused on how to filter my searches on newegg.

What is the correct fitting?
Compatibility

LGA 1151

AM4

LGA 1150

LGA 2011

AM3+

AMD AM3 / Intel 1150

AMD AM3 / Intel 2011

AMD AM3 / Intel 1155

AMD AM3 / Intel 1366

LGA 1155

LGA 1156

Legacy CPU Socket

Intel LGA & AMD Socket
(67)

LGA 2066

https://www.newegg.com/CPU-Fans-Heatsinks/SubCategory/ID-574?Tid=8000

Better use pcpartpicker.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/93kFFT

That's your PC now. Add your case and RAM, then click on "Choose a CPU Cooler" and you'll get the list of compatible coolers.

About the the RAM sticks you have, watch out for them, because if it's too tall, it may interfere with the cooler and you won't be able to use it, unless you move the sticks, and maybe you don't want to do that or you just can't. PCPartpicker desn't check that kind of compatibility, so you may have to ask around, or just take the dimensions from the official sites and measure yourself.

PD: Before editing, you'll have to click on "Edit this part list".

Better use pcpartpicker.

About the the RAM sticks you have, watch out for them, because if it's too tall, it may interfere with the cooler and you won't be able to use it, unless you move the sticks, and maybe you don't want to do that or you just can't. PCPartpicker desn't check that kind of compatibility, so you may have to ask around, or just take the dimensions from the official sites and measure yourself.

Thanks for the reminder.
This is my 2nd build in the last couple of years.
My 1st build has a Noctua NHd14 or something. It's massive. I have 3 fans on it.
front,middle,rear.

However this build I will "more then likely" be using a A.I.O water cooling unit.
*This is my very 1st experiance with water cooling. This PC is not gonna be used for anything crazy and will be offline. Just basic PC to keep offline. But I figured this is the perfect time to try water cooling. In case something happens I don't have much @ risk.

Thanks for the reminder.
This is my 2nd build in the last couple of years.
My 1st build has a Noctua NHd14 or something. It's massive. I have 3 fans on it.
front,middle,rear.

However this build I will "more then likely" be using a A.I.O water cooling unit.
*This is my very 1st experiance with water cooling. This PC is not gonna be used for anything crazy and will be offline. Just basic PC to keep offline. But I figured this is the perfect time to try water cooling. In case something happens I don't have much @ risk.
Why don't you use the stock fan?

Why don't you use the stock fan?

This PC will be offline.
It will be mainly for storing pics and videos. We take tons of pics/vids. So this PC will be solely for the purpose of storing these offline.
I am "trying" to get into photoshop.
*Nothing crazy, just touching up family pictures etc...
And I would like to some day learn to do some video editing.
*Nothing crazy. I would just like to learn how to edit/clip videos together with music in background with titles. But I have been wanting to do this for years and never had the time to learn.
*Do I need a better cooling set-up for this purpose absolutely not

*I've always wanted to learn to OC and I figure spending a little extra $ on a better cooling set-up might make OCing easier and get me more speed
(I also got a sick deal on this MOBO and CPU _ $40 for both from Microcenter last winter ). So I don't have a lot invested so if I fry the CPU or damage the MOBO I'm not out much.

Overclocking will definitely need another cooler. By the way, the cooler is not the only thing that impacts the OC you'll get. Your motherboard and PSU have a big impact, and more often than not, the motherboard's VRM is what doesn't let you OC past a certain point.

Back
Top Bottom