Help Windows wont boot.

DuckboyBC

Solid State Member
I get stuck with this screen windows wont boot.

q6600
4gb ddr2 ram
evga 450w bronze
350gb hdd (Just fully installed windows 10 on this hdd from another pc)

It gets stuck like this with the dash flashing20170729_202418.jpg20170729_202418.jpg

Did you make any changes before the error happened? Do you have a system speaker (do you hear any beeps when booting)?

So wait, you installed Windows using another PC, and then moved the HDD? You are not supposed to do that. You must install it on your PC for it to work properly.

At which point? You should be more specific. Installing in another PC is not the answer. You should try to troubleshoot it and install it on the PC you'll be using.

Which installation medium are you using? Where did you get it? Is it 64 or 32 bit? Can you access BIOS settings?

if I do it on the pc I can go into the bios I dont see an option for a safe boot. The pc crashes on install if I do it with a usb on there. It gets to the windows logo with a black background and freezes and thats it. I left it for a hour before. Dont have a picture though

if I do it on the pc I can go into the bios I dont see an option for a safe boot. The pc crashes on install if I do it with a usb on there. It gets to the windows logo with a black background and freezes and thats it. I left it for a hour before. Dont have a picture though
How did you obtain the flash drive? Did you download the Windows ISO yourself and created the bootable drive yourself?

Safe boot is not necessary. In the other PC, did you install in UEFI mode? Maybe you created a UEFI bootable drive.

The error you are getting there, if I'm not wrong, is that your PC doesn't find an OS in your drive. Maybe the flash drive was made for UEFI PCs.

I just did what it said on the website it worked before. Windows media creation. I will check too make sure when I get back from holidays

I just did what it said on the website it worked before. Windows media creation. I will check too make sure when I get back from holidays
What you should do, to be sure, is download the ISO from the Media Creation Tool, and use Rufus to create the bootable drive. That way you can make sure everything is correctly configured. If you need help to do this just ask. Whenever I'm on my computer I can provide some screenshots.

Also, you should provide your motherboard make and model.

Back
Top Bottom