My boss hacked into a whistleblowers email acct now on front of computer??

I just think she must have logged in herself. What boss is smart enough to hack somebody's email, yet dumb enough to leave it logged into a public computer, or even connect it to an exchange environment. Or even has exchange?

Going through the legal system seems like a huge pain and expense that probably wouldn't amount to anything. But I'm no expert.

I just think she must have logged in herself. What boss is smart enough to hack somebody's email, yet dumb enough to leave it logged into a public computer, or even connect it to an exchange environment. Or even has exchange?

Going through the legal system seems like a huge pain and expense that probably wouldn't amount to anything. But I'm no expert.

Maybe it wasn't "hacking". Maybe the lady used the same password for some work account. Who knows?

Maybe it wasn't "hacking". Maybe the lady used the same password for some work account. Who knows?
Yeah that could be. Although, it's generally not easy to recover a work account password either, since most any system won't store it in plain text.

But if she's like 99% of our employees where I work then she kept it safe and securely hidden on a sticky note under the keyboard

Yeah that could be. Although, it's generally not easy to recover a work account password either, since most any system won't store it in plain text.

But if she's like 99% of our employees where I work then she kept it safe and securely hidden on a sticky note under the keyboard

Maybe they found the sticky? :eek: The horror...

Any account set up for use with company hardware is the companies property and they are within their rights to monitor any accounts accessed through their property. It's pretty simple.
Don't do private accounts on a company computer.
Write of the account(s) that were accessed by her using their hardware and move on.

Last edited:
Any account set up for use with company hardware is the companies property and they are within their rights to monitor any accounts accessed through their property. It's pretty simple.
Don't do private accounts on a company computer.
Write of the account(s) that were accessed by her using their hardware and move on.

What part of, she has left and now they continue to monitor and replicate her personal emails, and regularly log into her face book account are you not understanding?

It looks like someone might not completely understand the laws, but it isnt Technician. He's right when he says using company infrastructure to access private accounts gives the company the right to monitor that account.
When you use their equipment you are waiving your right to privacy on those accounts you access.
If you use your personal device to access company mail, you are waiving your right of privacy on that device.

It looks like someone might not completely understand the laws, but it isnt Technician. He's right when he says using company infrastructure to access private accounts gives the company the right to monitor that account.
When you use their equipment you are waiving your right to privacy on those accounts you access.
If you use your personal device to access company mail, you are waiving your right of privacy on that device.

That's insane. Where did you get that?

Back
Top Bottom