processor

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
Have a question for you. New motherboard will handle up to 85 watts. What would happen if you put a 125 watt pcu in it? Would it crash or fry the motherboard? wonder if it would go past bios? The PCU is over-clock able. if you don't do that would it work ok? :whistling:

The VRM won't be able to handle the current, overheat and crash, or just have a reduced lifespan. It basically means your motherboard's VRM is too basic. It's like overclocking on a bad board.

ok, wasn't sure as they make three different athlon 64X2 6000+ processors. The Windsor is a 125 watt and the other two are Brisbane and 85 watts. Not sure which one my friend is sending me.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Whats a vrm??

ok, wasn't sure as they make three different athlon 64X2 6000+ processors. The Windsor is a 125 watt and the other two are Brisbane and 85 watts. Not sure which one my friend is sending me.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Whats a vrm??
Voltage regulator module. It's explained in my guide.

Sorry I saw it after i posted. Thanks for the guide. That helped! Now i need to wait till i get parts and see what i have. I have the numbers on those processors. adv6000iaa6cz is the 85 watt adx6000iaa6cz is the 125 watt. I hope it is a adv model. I still have the athlon64X2 3800+ that Celery gave me so i can use that for sure. its a 85 watt cpu. Anyway, i should have everything together in a couple of weeks. I just hope it last for awhile. I don't have the bucks right now for any kind of better system. Thanks again, Wd65

I am afraid to do anything to the board right now as it has given me about half a dozen scares when the video card crashes. :eek: Also it has crashed a couple of times. :eek: If i put that more powerful cpu in it just might crash for good. I just hope it will keep working till i can get the new board here.

Back
Top Bottom