windows

Nope, I don't. At least when I replaced my burned mobo 3 years ago and reinstalled Windows 7 on it all I had to do was call MS and give them some number on the DVD's case to confirm my ownership when Windows refused to accept the key.

True story.

Wait, maybe that only applies to physical copies with cases? Or may be...

Man, you're giving me ideas now. What if this does not work with the upgraded Windows 10 over that copy of Windows 7 ?

:eek:
But when you replaced the motherboard you used the same chipset, right? Or did you change it?

No, it was different. Previous one was an i5 750 board and the new one was an i5 3570K board. Dunno what the chip set names are but they are different of course.

Old one burned because of bad over clocking :D

You know what, could it be my luck that who helped me was a nice lady and she felt my charms (or something)? Or maybe at the time rules were different? But this is MS, why would they give some special treatment?

Ah, please disregard what I said about this unless what happened with me was part of the MS's rules that hasn't changed since then.

Last edited:
No, it was different. Previous one was an i5 750 board and the new one was an i5 3570K board. Dunno what the chip set names are but they are different of course.

Old one burned because of bad over clocking :D

You know what, could it be my luck that who helped me was a nice lady and she felt my charms (or something)? Or maybe at the time rules were different? But this is MS, why would they give some special treatment?

Ah, please disregard what I said about this unless what happened with me was part of the MS's rules that hasn't changed since then.
Not sure really. I'm used to buying pre-build PCs. My only custom one is the one I have right now so I've never gone through that. I read somewhere that's how it worked but I can't confirm.

Back
Top Bottom