windows

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
Here i go again. Ok, The different drivers for this board need to be erased when i do the new board. What else do i need to erase. I know the video drivers and audio drivers have to go, What else do i need to remove. In windows 10 can i do that to or is it more of a pain? How about the bios? anything for it in Windows i need to change or remove?? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row. :hide:

Is that the only way?? I read somewhere that you could remove all the drivers from the old board and then shut down and when you start up the new board it would install the new drivers and software needed. Can't remember where i saw it now. Sure would make it alot better than having to redo all the software. Now if i could remember where i saw that article.....:trash:

Format and do a clean installation of windows, assuming that board is supported hardware.

Is that the only way?? I read somewhere that you could remove all the drivers from the old board and then shut down and when you start up the new board it would install the new drivers and software needed. Can't remember where i saw it now. Sure would make it alot better than having to redo all the software. Now if i could remember where i saw that article.....:trash:

If you change boards you have to reinstall. Different chipset also means reactivating Windows.

Actually...

SYSPREP is a hell of a drug.

It is not just Windows activation, chipsets' and controllers' drivers (not just video and audio drivers) of different boards often make conflicts that cause BSOD or serious instability including those mistaken for normal Windows problems that refuse to be fixed no matter what.

Windows activation is not really that big of a problem. It can be taken care of easily. It happened to me once and all I did was call MS and get it resolved within minutes.

Windows activation is not really that big of a problem. It can be taken care of easily. It happened to me once and all I did was call MS and get it resolved within minutes.

So you don't have to buy a new license when changing chipsets?

So you don't have to buy a new license when changing chipsets?

Nope, I don't. At least when I replaced my burned mobo 3 years ago and reinstalled Windows 7 on it all I had to do was call MS and give them some number on the DVD's case to confirm my ownership when Windows refused to accept the key.

True story.

Wait, maybe that only applies to physical copies with cases? Or may be...

Man, you're giving me ideas now. What if this does not work with the upgraded Windows 10 over that copy of Windows 7 ?

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom