Diffuacutely w/ corsair flash drive it thinks it's full

Lol, you don't want to get yourself a MicroSD card then, they're tiny!

The HDD should be fine to be honest, most enclosures don't have ventilation anyway mate :)
yes I'll be leaving the MicroSD card inside my camera and tablet not for movie storage.

yes I'm reduced to increasing the physical size so I won't lose.

Joe what type of enclosure would keep the HHD cooler plastic or aluimin?

I'm assuming these enclosed HDD will be OK for a couple hours use but not constantely on? otherwise home PCs w/ HDD could be fanless.

I have a program called Coretemp 1.0 RC5 however I believe this progrom monitors just the CPU correct.

and let me give you a hip hip and chereo for fast response
STB

Attachments

• coretempSS.jpg
    coretempSS.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 6
An aluminium enclosure would keep a HDD cooler I'd expect, due to better heat conductive properties. However, there is likely to be a foam layer inside to protect the HDD in any kind, which would rather reduce the effect of the material the enclosure itself is made from.

I'd guess leaving them plugged in permanently is fine, the main sources of heat in a PC case are the CPU and Graphics Card, so the external HDD being away from these heat sources mean the ambient air will likely keep it cool enough. Probably best to unplug it if you're not using it, but if you accidentally leave it plugged in it won't be a big issue :)

From what I can find out on Newegg it seems you got them from a bad batch. Look at the reviews, it very mixed. Very good and very bad.

I'd change the brand.

I just found out corsair doesn't want to be contacted the website has no published email
only a phone # I would prefer to not be on hold all day.

you have been adviced to not purchase flauty storeage from corsair.
STB

Back
Top Bottom