suppressing Windows notice

Double check that registry setting. Windows can sometimes reset those after updates, but that's the solution suggested even by M$ so, that should disable it unless an update re-enables it.

It'll be a specific Windows Update that pushed through this notification. As previously mentioned, to get rid of I would assume you'd need to either:
A) Change the registry value
or
B) Roll back to before the update and stop it automatically updating

Neither are particularly clean options!

I've never gotten that notification before, hmm I do have all notifications turned off tho.

I've never gotten that notification before, hmm I do have all notifications turned off tho.

Same on all my PCs. That's really all it takes. Windows still gives the user the ability to control all the sttings they just reorganized their locations.
You can still make the old god mode folder to find everything faster until you learn the actual OS layout.
I have never had to go poking around in the registry to change any settings. I have done it to change things like the image on the PC properties screen and to change the images for startup and shutdown; just basic customization things I like to do.

Last edited:
That goes for me too, I have never changed anything in the registry on this machine. I have done it in the past when I used to use Windows XP back in the day but that was for doing small tweaks.

It's not the kind of notification you are able to disable. The notifications being referred to are those that appear on the bottom right in a grey box.

Your best bet is to click "Review Settings" and just untick all the boxes for permissions etc. I did and haven't had the pop-up since.

It's not the kind of notification you are able to disable. The notifications being referred to are those that appear on the bottom right in a grey box.

Your best bet is to click "Review Settings" and just untick all the boxes for permissions etc. I did and haven't had the pop-up since.

Then you are able to disable it.

Back
Top Bottom