Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows Vista

• Windows XP

• MacOS/OS X

• Total voters
Yeah you are right. It still works fine. I am still using it at work, even though i could change it any day if i wanted to. :p

I was trying to change to Ubuntu earlier today. As it turns out, Ubuntu has a problem with Gigabyte motherboards... Seems to be an issue with the IOMMU setting being disabled by default. When I finally sorted it out, it just kept crashing after a while, and was too tired to troubleshoot, so I ended up with Mint. Got tired of Windows. So far so good :D

I was trying to change to Ubuntu earlier today. As it turns out, Ubuntu has a problem with Gigabyte motherboards... Seems to be an issue with the IOMMU setting being disabled by default. When I finally sorted it out, it just kept crashing after a while, and was too tired to troubleshoot, so I ended up with Mint. Got tired of Windows. So far so good :D
You'll get tired of that even faster.

You'll get tired of that even faster.

Faster than what? Getting tired of Windows was nothing if not a slow process. Took me 10 years.

About the compatibility, I thought about it, but there is nothing I use that can't be replaced. All I use is CAD, office and browsers, and all have Linux alternatives. And I don't play games, so I'm good there. I still don't know how good WINE is though.

I'm the only one that runs "other?"

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom