Motherboard issue

Ok. I got some sucksess with getting it up and somewhat. I took everything out but thr cpu fan and one stick of ram. I got bios up and that is where i am at this point. I right now have harddrive hookup and drive is atemping to boot. In boot repair . I have plugged in keyboard, mouse, speakers. And online connections now. I will start one at atime and see what happens.;)

Alright i got both sticks of ram in, both hardrives in. Dvd drives in. When i plugged in front panel audio. It stopped unit from starting up. Interestinb. But am slow will try otherboard connections. I may have to reinstall windows7 but will try inserting disc and see if it can fix startup. Later, wd65:whistling:

Pop i forgot that windows had that old board settings and drivers installed. I am installing new copy of windows7 64 bit and see if i can get it to run off the harddrive. After i get it to work. Hard drive seems to be slow. Not sure what is happening there.back later wnen i can gets everything up and running if i can. Wd65

Ok. Now have everything installed and have w7 64bit up and running. Wow this old board is showing windows experence 1.0 my old board was higher in stock trim. Celery gave me his video card and audio card but no driver discs. Dont know what brand the video card is. My msi card is a express card 16 but this board dont have one. Have avast in it and will be letti g it download and install updates for windows.

I'm Here!!!:lol: Trying to figure out things yet. Graphics are bad and no sound. the msi dvd is next see if i can get something running. later with more success i hope.:whistling:

nope, dvd is up for xp nothing after that. so i need to figure out how to install the sound and video cards. my only hope is maybe i can install video card and maybe find the brand and model number of it. will check bios as it may show what it is. later, wd65

ok. everything is up and running. Only printer and weather station is left. I found the driver package for the video card and it installed. i now have video. i used my audio card as i have the disc for it and the same for the lan card i have. There are two plugs for the front audio panel. one is hd and the other is? I installed the other one plug and as far as i can tell, it is working. I have one fan to turn around and i should be all set. thanks Amd_man. good thing to have more than one mind. Celery, Its up and running. Keep the postage! :flowers:
its good to be back on-line again! Have some programs to install so i will be back later, Wd65:)

Last edited:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Glad to hear that the board was actually still working. Whew!

You know Windows Update will update the card drivers once you have your Windows verified. The video card I gave you was one of the top dogs back then.

And a good SoundBlaster card.

In my post I mentioned what they are but I forgot which thread. I think it's in the thread where I offered the mobo to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom