No keyboard/mouse

jetsmell

In Runtime
My G.F's laptop mouse does not work along with the keyboard. She said the keyboard went out first then shortly after the mouse. We bought a mouse but that's not showing up ( no cursor ). She has Windows 10. Any thoughts about what caused this and how to fix it?

My G.F. just told me that she had spilled a few ounces of water days ago, but it worked after that. If water did cause this problem what could be done to fix it. With no mouse and keyboard, what could I do?

My G.F. just told me that she had spilled a few ounces of water days ago, but it worked after that. If water did cause this problem what could be done to fix it. With no mouse and keyboard, what could I do?

Mostly when it comes to liquid damage what you do is avoid it. You turn down your laptop and clean everything. Now that the damage is done is to pay someone to fix it or replace it. If I were you I'd take out the HDD and get a new one.

If it isn't liquid damage, then it could be a driver problem. Does the keyboard or mouse work on the BIOS?

You also said the USB mouse doesn't work. Does that happen with every USB device or just the mouse?

Replacing the keyboard on a laptop can sometimes resolve liquid damage, sometimes not. Depending on the model of the laptop, the process to replace it can be fairly simple if you're handy and very careful. If you don't feel up to it, you can have a local shop do it for you.

But like AMD man says, sometimes the damage is not repairable. If your computer isn't recognizing USB devices anymore, and/or has other more severe issues, the water may have reached the motherboard.

Are the USB, ethernet ports working either? Yes, they are. How can you gain control of a computer when the keyboard and mouse don't work at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom