Upgrading to Windows 10

Allowing a thing to happen is not the same as being forced to do something. The people who claim they were forced are saying so out of ignorance. Since the first consumer pc was introduced there have been users who choose to remain ignorant about certain aspects of their machines.

So after doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, I went through all the settings like I usually do and after I got it all set up the way I like it, I went to make a restore point and noticed that System Restore was not turned on by default.

You have to turn it on manually. I find it very strange that MS would turn off System Restore by default. :facepalm:

Last edited:
So after doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, I went through all the settings like I usually do and after I got it all set up the way I like it, I went to make a restore point and noticed that System Restore was not turned on by default.

You have to turn it on manually. I find it very strange that MS would turn off System Restore by default. :facepalm:

They probably did it so people couldn't easily revert to a previous version of Windows before finding the other way in the settings app.

So I have been watching some video's on the new Windows creators update builds and I have to say i'm kinda nervous about upgrading to these builds because the ppl in the video's are trying them out and saying that those builds are still buggy.

So I think I'll wait til the bugs are worked out before upgrading. What do you guys think of the new Windows creators upgrade builds?

I've haven't really used many of the builds, probably a few. Microsoft seems to be increasingly shifting/migrating from control panel to settings.

Yeah, I noticed that too...There are so many different builds it's hard to decide wich one to upgrade to. Right now i'm just waiting till there is a good stable one.

Hi, does it work with the OEM product keys that come with PCs from manufacturers such as Dell or HP, or only retail product keys?

As long as the key has been used to upgrade previously, it would/should be registered with Microsoft servers and activate whenever a reinstall is needed.

Back
Top Bottom