Windows did it

I have been running windows 10 since beta.
Don't understand why a lot of people didn't upgrade their machines when it was free.

That's what I was gonna ask, but then again some people love the Windows 7 OS. I am a big time lover of 7, and just recently took the plunge into Windows 10. I was waiting for most of the bugs to be worked out with MS before upgrading.

So far I like windows 10. :D

I've upgraded to Windows for more than a year and so far so good. I don't have anything to complain about Win 10 at all. Just to be sure to disable the update for a while because some new updates can cause issues.

I don't know, I waited till 7 had a service pack 1 out before i went from XP to Windows 7. I have watched my wifes laptop with windows 10 in it and all the fun she has had with it. My old windows 7 tower just keeps cruising on. Maybe they get a service pack or two and i may try it in this computer.:hide: One of the things i don't know is how is it without the touch screen? Debs is, and it always seems to be to touchy or not enough. I think that maybe the worst issue she has. I was thinking about using a iso for w10 and see how this computer acted with it and see if want to keep it or not. Have a new hard drive coming for this computer, Larger and faster! One of those 10000 rpm models. I may try it then. will let you know, Dan:whistling:

Sounds good, and if and when you decide to give w10 a shot...I would use Macrium Reflect free to make a backup of your hard drive. Then install or upgrade to w10 and take it for a test drive.

If you don't like w10 , you can put the image back on and restore your w7. By the way Macrium Reflect is free and does a really good job...I use it myself.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

The 1st time you use it, it will ask you if you want to make a rescue disc, click yes and make one....This is very handy if your OS is corrupted and can't boot.

I don't know, I waited till 7 had a service pack 1 out before i went from XP to Windows 7. I have watched my wifes laptop with windows 10 in it and all the fun she has had with it. My old windows 7 tower just keeps cruising on. Maybe they get a service pack or two and i may try it in this computer.:hide: One of the things i don't know is how is it without the touch screen? Debs is, and it always seems to be to touchy or not enough. I think that maybe the worst issue she has. I was thinking about using a iso for w10 and see how this computer acted with it and see if want to keep it or not. Have a new hard drive coming for this computer, Larger and faster! One of those 10000 rpm models. I may try it then. will let you know, Dan:whistling:

In fact, Microsoft has released a similar update, called Anniversary Update. In Windows 10, I think they only release those things.

The next major update is called Creators Update and will be released in April.

The one i am getting is a sata 10000 rpm hard drive, Not a hybrid or ssd. I am not to sure if the ssd would work on a sata 1 motherboard. I still run a older dinosaur mb. Debs is a newer i think second gen I-7 with something with 8 gigs of ram. This old computer is about as fast as hers with the 10 in it. go figure.... I still run a old athion 64X2 4800+ and thats a 2.5 gig. Running 6 gigs of ram and sata hard drive with w7 64 bit in it. Go figure. Some computers work better with 10 than others. Hers and mine are both Asus computers. Hers is two years old mine is ?? Anyway, i like my OLD computer! its fun doing things with it that i would have never done with XP! Dan

In fact, Microsoft has released a similar update, called Anniversary Update. In Windows 10, I think they only release those things.

The next major update is called Creators Update and will be released in April.

I don't think a iso version of 10 will update with out the pass code in it. I was going to just download it in to see how it would function in this computer.

Back
Top Bottom