What does thus mean?

Well. I am believing the problem is not the connector to the computer. I put the tip of an ink pen in the little hole you see in the photograph. Moved the pen tip. The connector is as tight as could be.IMG_3113.jpg

You will still need the battery for the amps. The charger only put out so much amp.

As the battery ages the amp capacity dwindles.
A properly sized power adapter will supply enough current to operate the laptop at full capacity and also provide enough additional current to charge the battery while doing it.

@OP - Hopefully you checked the voltage as well as the wattage of the aftermarket charger you bought. The voltage is critical, it must match the required voltage for the laptop. The current rating should be equal to or GREATER than what is specified for the laptop. If the voltage matches and the wattage matches then you're good to go.

The new charger did not make any difference. But, ddoes not become detached from the compurer as easy as the other one did.

Next I will purchase a new battery.

Could be a problem with the central "Smart Pin" connector on the laptop itself. If the laptop is functioning fine otherwise, and the charger still provides power consistently when you gently wiggle the plug, then I'd personally tap "F3" and remove the warning message.

I took the computer to a local computer repair place. The technotion there did a check on my power adapter. The charging power tested OK.

The guy there told me like others have it is the charging port. Him is going to ring me back with the cost of the port. 90.00 in labour plus the cost of the port.

I just rang to the guy working on my computer. Him removed the charging port from the computer and was able to use the port externally to boot up the computer. HIm started the computer and there was no error message. So the computer detected the charger and will see if the battery charged over night.

Back
Top Bottom