What computer to buy that has open gl 4.0 intergraded

JackWatermelon

Baseband Member
My budget is $200, i want a computer that has anything above opengl 3.3 on it, right out of the box. with windows 7 operating system. Dinosuar or not, those two things are all\\\ all i care about. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you for your time.

Well i tried that and it's cheaper just to get a new one. links to a computer under $350 that has open gl 3.3 or higher right out of the box with ways to connect my HDD drives and a additional CD player thing would be nice. Operationg system does not have to be windows 7, anyone got any links?

I believe anything after 2009 has support for openGL 3.3. So don't worry about that openGL support.
But yeah, definitely build it yourself. You made another thread about buying a new motherboard.
So i believe you are up for the task.

If you want a good free OS, go Ubuntu. But that will not let you play games like fallout 4.
So Windows is the way to go if that's important.
You can buy a product key of windows 10 for 95 bucks on Amazon.
You can of cause also get it for free, but we can't help you with that on the forum.
That's against the rules. But google is your friend.

Last edited:
Compatible, yes. But the PSU on that Dell is a 300W and the card requires a 350W minimum.

From what I have read on-line, the power supply on that model Dell is not standard so you may have trouble finding a suitable replacement to handle the power requirements of that card.

The integrated graphics card in the machine you sent the link to already supports OpenGL 4.4. If this is the only requirement (doesn't have to be supremely powerful), then you do not even need to buy the extra graphics card. :)

Back
Top Bottom