SSD boots Windows XP slow.

These are both XP Professional buy, the one that installed is much faster. Even after accessing the computer from a screen saver all the icons are there. On the installed version that was on the computer when the computer was purchased the icons rake a looooooong time to appear. I could not find the driver for my wireless internet. So I used Driver Booster. Installed the driver and the wireless inter net works now.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

These are both XP Professional buy, the one that installed is much faster. Even after accessing the computer from a screen saver all the icons are there. On the installed version that was on the computer when the computer was purchased the icons rake a looooooong time to appear. I could not find the driver for my wireless internet. So I used Driver Booster. Installed the driver and the wireless inter net works now.

You had a driver problem that was fixed by reinstalling the drivers then. The OS is the same version, xp and is therefore still outdated and will not recognize a 64gb thumb drive as they didn't exist when xp was coded.
XP also supports only a maximum 4gb of ram, uses drivers that the hardware is no longer in use for, so if you use new hardware you have to find drivers yourself and download them off the internet: which brings us to the fact that going on the Internet will load you up with viruses and Trojans made for xp that can no longer be detected and removed making things like online banking totally unavailable to you with any amount of safety at all. And if you play any games they will look like crap because you only support DX9.

Honestly, climb down off that unsafe and outdated dinosaur and join us in the present day.

You had a driver problem that was fixed by reinstalling the drivers then. The OS is the same version, xp and is therefore still outdated and will not recognize a 64gb thumb drive as they didn't exist when xp was coded.

XP also supports only a maximum 4gb of ram, uses drivers that the hardware is no longer in use for, so if you use new hardware you have to find drivers yourself and download them off the internet: which brings us to the fact that going on the Internet will load you up with viruses and Trojans made for xp that can no longer be detected and removed making things like online banking totally unavailable to you with any amount of safety at all. And if you play any games they will look like crap because you only support DX9.

Honestly, climb down off that unsafe and outdated dinosaur and join us in the present day.

No need to find the drivers because Driver Booster works fine. I only play Scrabble and that is on my iPad Pro.

Wasn't it you that had trouble loading Web sites on your XP computer?

"One is download.com. I see this blank screen. This is on AVANT browser. Click image for larger version

Name: ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1483837731.673362.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 21.6 KB
ID: 2218

I also see this on Internet Explorer

Click image for larger version

Name: ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1483837775.604185.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 30.5 KB
ID: 2219

Any way to fix this?

Using WINDOWS XP."One is download.com. I see this blank screen. This is on AVANT browser. Click image for larger version

Name: ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1483837731.673362.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 21.6 KB
ID: 2218

I also see this on Internet Explorer

Click image for larger version

Name: ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1483837775.604185.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 30.5 KB
ID: 2219

Any way to fix this?

Using WINDOWS XP.

It seems like you connect to the Internet on your XP computer from that post.

Last edited:
Wasn't it you that had trouble loading Web sites on your XP computer?

It seems like you connect to the Internet on your XP computer from that post.

Yes but, I installed Java on the computer now CNET Download web page can be wiewed.

None of the Microsoft web pages can be viewed. On my other XP computer all the Microsoft web pages open without any problems.

That only means you don't have one that the tool looks for or that it is placed differently than the tool recognizes.
It certainly does not mean your system is malware free.

Back
Top Bottom