Looking for bloatware free laptop

Okay I have just tried this on my Dell desktop pc. I did the reset function and told it to remove all my apps and files. It said would delete all apps and files that were not on my pc when it shipped. Now to be fair Dell does not put very much bloatware on but after my computer had completed the reset and booted back into Windows the Dell stuff was back on. I do realise that I would need Dell drivers although I am sure there are alternative drivers somewhere. But it also put the small amount of other Dell stuff back along with all the Bloatware that DOES come with Windows.

Technician knows exactly what I am talking about. He has just jumped into this thread to cause trouble. Something he does on regular basis. I do not even know why I am seeing his posts. I do not like him and I have absolutely no desire to interact with him. I have him on ignore. Obviously the igmnore function on this site works brilliantly NOT.

You are being both silly and shortsighted then. You have never met me and if you pay attention you might learn something.
Any apps you don't like are easily uninstalled from the start menu. You don't even need to open the control panel.

Or you can remain uneducated. Ignorance, as they say, is bliss.
Stay happy.

@Pete.
That's odd. Didn't happen last time i tried. After all, windows does state in the options description that it will remove all apps. It even removed my factory reset option. It was on a Lenovo btw.

Yeah, i didn't count the small metro apps as bloatware. But i guess technically most of them are. (Not all of them. Like cortana and Groove Music. They are not 3-party)
Anything that isn't microsoft can be classed as bloat. So i guess you are right. Windows in of itself does come with some bloat.

@Frankkelly
You shouldn't worry about that. They can all be uninstalled. And most of the metro(windows store) bloat doesn't even take up 1mb. Like Netflix, that takes up 300kb.
So you can uninstall them all in a minute or 2.

Last edited:
Windows 10 is filled with all sorts of garbage, in my opinion. Especially the home version. I wish they'd just drop the app store all together, but they're really pushing it hard. I miss the old days, when everything wasn't all about apps, and the cloud, and everything as a service.

I love using cloud ware because I can advance projects at home or on the go.
I also really like windows 10 and just upgraded all 7 of my computers to it although I have never used the home version of any Windows OS.
I don't use any apps from the appstore though and just took it off my computers since I don't use it anyways. I use the same software I did before the upgrade.
And you have to turn off all the auto settings you don't want when you set up the first time but that's a one time thing with any software you buy.
I also like the way they did updates to happen on my schedule so I never have seen one happen yet, it just stays safe, ready and up to date without ever thinking about it.

Thinking back, I just got rid of the shortcuts to the apps I didn't want to use because I have enough space that it isn't a concern and some day I may want to try one out...never know, but it's just as easy to uninstalled it as to remove the shortcut.

I don't consider tiny unobtrusive apps bloat ware, mostly because they don't bloat anything like the old bloat ware that was large programs that would take up so much space they made systems run slower. I suppose a new term is needed for unwanted tiny apps of today. Maybe they should be called floatware for the way they are floated on systems by default but are easily and quickly floated back out again.
Maybe defaultware. ..

Last edited:
I agree that the cloud is useful and has it's place, I just feel like it's being pushed on us from many directions.

Back
Top Bottom