$1000 Gaming build

1TGB is too small for a HDD and 250 Gb is too small for a SSD. I'd go 1tb for SSD and 8TB for HDD and add another 48GB of ram. :)

1TGB is too small for a HDD and 250 Gb is too small for a SSD. I'd go 1tb for SSD and 8TB for HDD and add another 48GB of ram. :)

Those storage choices are not that crazy. If you have the money and you think you could need it go for it, although I'd leave 64Gb RAM for excessive future proofers :p

I edit video and very large very high resolution and dynamic range photo files. I also use the system as a music composition workstation.

What?

I run a gaming desktop with a 1TB secondary drive and a 240GB internal drive... 16GB of RAM works perfectly for me and I can say with certainty that I never touch that RAM except when virtualizing other machines for various reasons.

I edit video and very large very high resolution and dynamic range photo files. I also use the system as a music composition workstation.

If OP does this kind of work, then they may very well need the specs you posted above, but even heavy gaming and development doesn't need anything near what you're suggesting. Nice to have, sure, but definitely not needed.

LOL I deal with 80 to 90 gb files regularly and do a lot of extensive reworks on them, trust me, it uses all the RAM I have and could use more. :) We are not talking about normal camera resolutions here.

Back
Top Bottom