Rigs price estimation, seeking evaluation.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Hello guys.

I have two computers I might sell and I'd like to know your price estimation for them. Here they are:

The Mini Hummer:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
Motherboard: GA-G31M-ES2C
RAM: Kingstone KVR667D2N5/1G x2 DDR2 667MHz
HDD: 80GB (OS) + 320GB (Data)
PSU: Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 Silent
Case: a generic well made mini tower case with no fans
Optical Drive: Creative RVR-ROM (not working)

My estimation for this one is $100 USD

The Predator:
Motherboard: MSI P55-GD80
CPU: Intel Core i5 750
Video card: GTX 480 (you won't believe how well this plays new games)
PSU: Gigabyte GZ-EMS65A-C1 650W
RAM: Kingston Hyperx DDR3 T1 1600Mhz
Optical Drive: LG Super Multi DVD Multi Recorder RW DVD+R DL
Storage: 500GB WD HDD
Case: Aero Cool XPredator X1

And for this one, it is $420 USD

Do you think my price tags feel good? I searched online for the prices and got them from used parts selling websites including (mainly) Amazon and EBay.

Your pricing is good and very reasonable given the age of the parts of both systems. I often look on eBay and Gumtree and wonder how people expect to sell a laptop or desktop that may still perform well but is 3-4 years old and have a hefty price tag on it and the prices just doesn't seem to be realistic.

Thanks man.

I guess some people look at the value of manufacturing and ignore the value of age. Technology, specially if outdated, loses value with time as better technology comes out. I think the budget GTX 1050 performs better than the then standard high-end GTX 480 although it requires much less powerful PSU, gives less heat and noise, takes less space, etc. is a good example of what I mean.

I'd donate them to a local school or club or the goodwill store (or it's equivalent there) or give them to family members with no computer, they are better than nothing...sort of. :D

Actually, two of them already got new homes with relatives who agreed to help me free some space in my room. I own like 6 computers total, including these two and the two main desktop and laptop. Two used by me, two given to family and the above two remaining. It's a good idea to donate them even tho there are no options I know of, knowing where I live. Gotta do some search for that.

Haha, I managed to overclock the Mini Hummer to 3GHz on a modified stock cooler. It has a crazy potential to go much higher if not for the stupid DDR2 667MHz. I don't wanna overclock memory over the rated speed.

Back
Top Bottom