Hi im david

David3

Beta member
Just got a the scholarship funds to build a new pc tower, so im selling my ps4 and moving up from a shitty surface tablet.

All the parts came in, ive done a fair amount of reading but im still having some hardware problems and possibly more problems to come. I hope I could get some advise here

Welcome, David. I'm sure there are enough people here to give you a hand (figuratively).

Welcome to the forum!

Why is YOUR Surface tablet shitty? Mine certainly isn't. Best tablet I've ever used.

Welcome to the PC master race :D

(In case some of you don't know that term, It's a term used to describe the superiority of PC gaming over console gaming :p )

UEFI is not that much different from the old BIOS in the overall scheme of things. GPT is much easier to work with in regards to hard drives because you can make as many partitions as you like (Windows sets a limit of 128 partitions) without the primary/extended/expanded crap we had to deal with before in MBR.

The toughest part is likely Secure Boot. You should be able to disable that in the UEFI settings; it's not all that necessary at this point in the game.

Back
Top Bottom