P2p downloads

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
Do p2p downloads continue to download when your computer is logged off user. Where the user log on screen is in place

If you actually log off then no, your session ends and any open programs will close.

If it's 'locked' or you switch user then yes.

And that's the same whenever you leave your computer on a certain amount of time it automatically logs off

Is that a question? If so it depends on your system configuration; most systems go to 'sleep' after a certain amount of time and locks your account once it wakes.

While it's not impossible to configure a system to log off at a set given time of inactivity, it's not something I've really seen anyway.

No, switching users allows you (or another person) to log into multiple accounts at the same time, so effectively the account just becomes locked and any software (yes including P2P) would continue to run in the background.

But to be honest I haven't seen this much since XP/Vista so I'm unsure if that's even an option anymore.

I still have vista I'm old school. I remember that option called switch user. I never used it though I always logged off cause I only had one user account. What is locked for

Back
Top Bottom