Interent connection

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
Whe you log off your computer to the user screen does the Internet disconnect. So if you were downloading files would that pause or continue to download when you log off your computer to the user screen?

Mine kills the download although my computer stays connected to the internet. MS updates download without having my browser fired up. This is on Firefox.

Any applications utilizing the internet while running under your user account would be terminated, however the internet connection to the PC would still be on. Anything running as a service would still be running.

I'm not sure if your p2p program runs as a service but I doubt it. It probably gets killed when you log off. If you want to see a list of all services type services.msc into your search box. Most of them are part of your OS.

I looked there and see peer networking grouping and peer network identity manager. But that's it no limewire or frostwire. Most of it is os. Do you know what the peer networking is maybe

Probably. Would this be the same case for switching users as well. That's basically the same as logging off correct?

Switching users doesn't close anything. You're account is still logged in, just not shown on the screen. Multiple users can be signed in to a machine simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom